[NL20-NL50] NL50 AJs SBbb vs raise turn

• double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $52 (104 bb)
      CO: $55.82 (111.6 bb)
      BTN: $34 (68 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $52.91 (105.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J A
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 4 7 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB calls $2

Turn: ($7) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.25, BB raises to $12

11k hands
      28/21/6.2%
      call/3bet/fold BB vs SB: 22/11/67
      fold to cbet flop 44%
      raise cbet flop 10%
      fold to cbet turn 37%
      raise cbet turn 20%
      WTSD 25%
      WWSF 42%
      Agg freq 35/38/33

Notes/dynamic: "-04/13 nl50, vs me, b/c UTGbu AKs, c-c 9xxss, c-c turn xssSS, bet river 75% K (checked FD turn)( (I showed KJo at showdown)"

My plan was to barrel turn and any river. That raise confuses me because I don't expect him to have almost any 5x, 2pair does't raise, sets would raise flop.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

Interesting hand indeed. You get the odds to call and lead river when you hit imo. You need about 21% odds against a range that has only 5x in it and you get 25%. That 4% extra is not hard to obtain when you river the nuts and get a call.

I can't think of many bluffs in his range tbh but if he is bluffing you might also check/check to win at showdown, needing even less implied odds when you hit which is good.
    • double2
      double2
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hi,

Interesting hand indeed. You get the odds to call and lead river when you hit imo. You need about 21% odds against a range that has only 5x in it and you get 25%. That 4% extra is not hard to obtain when you river the nuts and get a call.

I can't think of many bluffs in his range tbh but if he is bluffing you might also check/check to win at showdown, needing even less implied odds when you hit which is good.
      Yeah, I like your play. I shipped turn and he folded, but I thought it was kinda of a spew.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by double2
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hi,

Yeah, I like your play. I shipped turn and he folded, but I thought it was kinda of a spew.
      Well, against your average opponent it might be a bit spewy but being BvB he should also be bluffing here with a raise some of the time. You also have some dynamic with him, both being regulars you have probably seen each other quite a bit at the tables and do try to get more creative. Standard would probably be my play but you can definitely think about having a showing range here on the turn.