This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 AJs SBbb vs raise turn

• double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $52 (104 bb)
      CO: $55.82 (111.6 bb)
      BTN: $34 (68 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $52.91 (105.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J A
      3 folds, Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) 4 7 3 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2, BB calls $2

Turn: ($7) 6 (2 players)
      Hero bets $4.25, BB raises to $12

11k hands
      28/21/6.2%
      call/3bet/fold BB vs SB: 22/11/67
      fold to cbet flop 44%
      raise cbet flop 10%
      fold to cbet turn 37%
      raise cbet turn 20%
      WTSD 25%
      WWSF 42%
      Agg freq 35/38/33

Notes/dynamic: "-04/13 nl50, vs me, b/c UTGbu AKs, c-c 9xxss, c-c turn xssSS, bet river 75% K (checked FD turn)( (I showed KJo at showdown)"

My plan was to barrel turn and any river. That raise confuses me because I don't expect him to have almost any 5x, 2pair does't raise, sets would raise flop.
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

Interesting hand indeed. You get the odds to call and lead river when you hit imo. You need about 21% odds against a range that has only 5x in it and you get 25%. That 4% extra is not hard to obtain when you river the nuts and get a call.

I can't think of many bluffs in his range tbh but if he is bluffing you might also check/check to win at showdown, needing even less implied odds when you hit which is good.
    • double2
      double2
      Bronze
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hi,

Interesting hand indeed. You get the odds to call and lead river when you hit imo. You need about 21% odds against a range that has only 5x in it and you get 25%. That 4% extra is not hard to obtain when you river the nuts and get a call.

I can't think of many bluffs in his range tbh but if he is bluffing you might also check/check to win at showdown, needing even less implied odds when you hit which is good.
      Yeah, I like your play. I shipped turn and he folded, but I thought it was kinda of a spew.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by double2
      Originally posted by EmanuelC16
      Hi,

Yeah, I like your play. I shipped turn and he folded, but I thought it was kinda of a spew.
      Well, against your average opponent it might be a bit spewy but being BvB he should also be bluffing here with a raise some of the time. You also have some dynamic with him, both being regulars you have probably seen each other quite a bit at the tables and do try to get more creative. Standard would probably be my play but you can definitely think about having a showing range here on the turn.