This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] SH 66 shove bluff - WHY do I do it

• punta
      punta
      Bronze
      This has got to be my biggist leak amongst others that is - WHY - the half pot bet on the turn I took as weak so shoved

Party Poker
      No Limit Holdem Ring game
      Blinds: $0.02/$0.04
      6 players
      Converter

Stack sizes:
      UTG: $6.13
      UTG+1: $4.94
      CO: $7.80
      Button: $8.64
      Hero: $5.28
      BB: $7.01

Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is SB with 6 6
      4 folds, Hero raises to $0.16, BB calls.

Flop: 9 A 7 ($0.32, 2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, BB calls.

Turn: 4 ($0.88, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $0.44, Hero raises to $4.84, BB calls.

River: J ($10.56, 2 players)

Results:
      Final pot: $10.56
      BB shows Qh As
  • 3 replies
    • Grimzor
      Grimzor
      Bronze
      That was bad play indeed. Preflop is ok, flop is ok imo. Check on turn is ok.

But further - your cbet didnt work so give up on this hand now. He called your bet on A high board. A high boards are usually the most scary ones because you are very likely to to have A. If he called it it means he has something. Be it a good draw or A or something else like set, 2pair maybe rarely pair under A like JJ, TT but dont think so. On turn a flush card arrived too. I guess you could tried check/raising as bluff but i wouldnt suggest that as he is very likely to call. Worst thing in your play is overshove imo. You shoved 4x pot. That doesnt seem very strong to me. If i wanted to get more money in i would of raised to 1,4$ there and shoved river.

But really, remember about small pocket pairs - no set, no bet. So in this case make cbet aas flop is good for it and fold it there.
    • punta
      punta
      Bronze
      Sorry for posting

Totally embarrassed by my play of late (BUT THESE ARE LESSONS LEARNT ) - just going to play ABC stuff now for the 10,000 hands.
    • Kaitz20
      Kaitz20
      Bronze
      Don´t like it.
      Best is just give up on the turn.
      he should hold ace here quite often.