[NL20-NL50] 66 vs fish

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 385.48 BB (VPIP: 33.63, PFR: 19.20, 3Bet Preflop: 2.22, Hands: 796)
      UTG: 103.5 BB (VPIP: 16.05, PFR: 14.81, 3Bet Preflop: 3.13, Hands: 172)
      MP: 41 BB (VPIP: 18.95, PFR: 15.85, 3Bet Preflop: 7.78, Hands: 2,406)
      Hero (CO): 112.38 BB
      BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 21.14, PFR: 17.82, 3Bet Preflop: 9.45, Hands: 1,205)
      SB: 71.5 BB (VPIP: 21.16, PFR: 17.73, 3Bet Preflop: 7.71, Hands: 1,389)

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 6:spade: 6:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) K:spade: K:club: T:heart:
      BB bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 5 BB, BB calls 4 BB

Turn: (16.5 BB, 2 players) 6:heart:
      BB bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 11 BB, BB calls 10 BB

River: (38.5 BB, 2 players) 3:club:
      BB bets 1 BB, Hero raises to 93.38 BB and is all-in, BB calls 92.38 BB

BB shows Q:club: K:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Kings) (Pre 47%, Flop 93%, Turn 16%)
      Hero shows 6:spade: 6:diamond: (Full House, Sixes full of Kings) (Pre 53%, Flop 7%, Turn 84%)
      Hero wins 219.26 BB

He limp donks each hand, and folds air and calls when hits something, and then each street the same way.

Is river shove ok? I guess he calls much more often with Kx than with fh.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I'm going to treat this like a check. So you can just raise here if you want to cbet as a bluff. Would I cbet 66 on this texture? Depends on the player. Not the best spot in the world to cbet, with an underpair, but it's certainly not the worst board either.

Turn: When villain calls, he has something right? He either has TX, KX, or maybe some straight draw. He probably folds gutshots anyway unless he's really bad. I don't think he ever folds KX or TX to a pot bet. I Don't think he folds QJ to a pot bet too.

To re-iterate my point on your previous hands, I think you are often betting way too small which is a leak. I think you are missing out on massive amounts of value here. Especially when you are vs a fish, just bet much larger when you are going for value.

River: I like the concept of the river overbet. He is definitely never folding KX here and fishes think in terms of absolute hand strength (he doesn't consider the fact that you probably have a boat here when you jam, and he only thinks about his hand strength which is trips and he will snap you here). And i think the EV of overbetting for max value vs KX > the EV of betting pot for value vs TX AND KX.

But I think you should have just bet larger in the first place on the turn, then you don't have to overbet so large on the river.
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Flop: I'm going to treat this like a check. So you can just raise here if you want to cbet as a bluff. Would I cbet 66 on this texture? Depends on the player. Not the best spot in the world to cbet, with an underpair, but it's certainly not the worst board either.

Turn: When villain calls, he has something right? He either has TX, KX, or maybe some straight draw. He probably folds gutshots anyway unless he's really bad. I don't think he ever folds KX or TX to a pot bet. I Don't think he folds QJ to a pot bet too.

To re-iterate my point on your previous hands, I think you are often betting way too small which is a leak. I think you are missing out on massive amounts of value here. Especially when you are vs a fish, just bet much larger when you are going for value.

River: I like the concept of the river overbet. He is definitely never folding KX here and fishes think in terms of absolute hand strength (he doesn't consider the fact that you probably have a boat here when you jam, and he only thinks about his hand strength which is trips and he will snap you here). And i think the EV of overbetting for max value vs KX > the EV of betting pot for value vs TX AND KX.

But I think you should have just bet larger in the first place on the turn, then you don't have to overbet so large on the river.

Do you recommend betting larger with value hand versus any opponent, or just fish?
      Do you then bet smaller when you dont have a value hand? When i see that someone bets large (close to pot size, not standard 3/4 size bet) I always write a note, and consider it always as a strong hand, and adapt by continueing only with strong hands.
      I mean, it is obvious if I would play it that way.
      I bet on turn 3/4 pot size, which is my standard bet size with any hand for deception reasons. Also there is a button in Ipoker 3/4 bet pot size, so it is easier.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      About balancing bet sizes: The weaker the player, the more I want to use imbalanced bet sizes. Bet larger with stronger hands and weaker with air. If I had a strong draw which I want to fire multiple streets I would also bet larger.

About bet sizing vs stronger players: Think about the strength of your range for betting in that situation. Then size your bets accordingly.

Example 1: A55r
      Our range is air heavy here so we should half pot this board in many situations. Also, his calling range is more likely to be inelastic (little difference between a large and a small bet in terms of how it affects our fold equity)

Example 2: T89ss
      We are usually checking and giving up on this texture. When we bet here our range is mostly strong draws, and sets, and two pairs and straights. I Would bet 80-100% of the pot here. I Would usually multi-barrel my draws here so betting larger is fine if i can build up the pot and take it down later, or hit my draw and win a larger pot.