[NL20-NL50] 65s bvb

• GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      iPoker - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: 158.24 BB (VPIP: 18.94, PFR: 14.58, 3Bet Preflop: 4.90, Hands: 541)
      UTG: 107.68 BB (VPIP: 23.52, PFR: 20.94, 3Bet Preflop: 11.25, Hands: 3,073)
      MP: 134.38 BB (VPIP: 28.57, PFR: 14.29, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 7)
      CO: 101.5 BB (VPIP: 20.00, PFR: 20.00, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 10)
      BTN: 100 BB (VPIP: 22.01, PFR: 19.14, 3Bet Preflop: 8.99, Hands: 932)
      Hero (SB): 163.44 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 5:heart: 6:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) K:heart: K:spade: 5:spade:
      Hero bets 4 BB, BB calls 4 BB

Turn: (14 BB, 2 players) 4:spade:
      Hero checks, BB bets 8 BB, Hero calls 8 BB

River: (30 BB, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero checks, BB checks

BB shows 9:diamond: A:heart: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 59%, Flop 26%, Turn 14%)
      Hero shows 5:heart: 6:heart: (Two Pair, Kings and Fives) (Pre 41%, Flop 74%, Turn 86%)
      Hero wins 28.5 BB

I expect him to float a lot on this board, so I cbet and plan to call turn and river on non A. Also I think if he hits Ax he checks back.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I don't get why you think you are getting floated a lot on this board texture.

"standard" poker theory says that paired boards are great to cbet bluff on because the caller is less likely to connect with the flop and will fold very often to a flop cbet.

I agree that he's never folding Ace high on this board in BvB, but to say that you are getting floated a lot is definitely very untrue. AX hands comprise only a fraction of his range.

Turn: Unless you know that he always turns all Ace highs into bluffs on the Turn, I don't think you can c/c here. His betting range here is going to be KX and spades so you need to be sure that he has a ton of AX here (Which you are just guessing without any base read).
    • GingerKid
      GingerKid
      Black
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Flop: I don't get why you think you are getting floated a lot on this board texture.

"standard" poker theory says that paired boards are great to cbet bluff on because the caller is less likely to connect with the flop and will fold very often to a flop cbet.

I agree that he's never folding Ace high on this board in BvB, but to say that you are getting floated a lot is definitely very untrue. AX hands comprise only a fraction of his range.

Turn: Unless you know that he always turns all Ace highs into bluffs on the Turn, I don't think you can c/c here. His betting range here is going to be KX and spades so you need to be sure that he has a ton of AX here (Which you are just guessing without any base read).

I thought that he floats often, because it is bb vs sb, and he folds 41% on flop, so I expect him to fold even less in bb vs sb especially on this board where I dont hit so often. So I thought he can float more hands than Ax (basically any and try to steal turn).
      I got your point anyway, thats why I post hand to see how I should play it because I think I have more often better hand on flop, but it is hard to play it OOP.

So how would you play this hand? Ch fold flop? or cbet and treat our hand as air?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      i would consider taking c/c lines with 9 pair or better because these pairs are less vulnerable. With pairs between 2-8, they are more vulnerable and I prefer betting and turning them into 5 outer bluffs. Playability is bad with so many possible overcards which could come on the Turn. Sometimes we do get called by worse too (Ace high) and if it gets checked down, that's great. So in short, I like your Flop bet.

Turn: Fold cos we don't have enough reads to proceed.

My thought process here:
      -Can we bet for value? No. AX folds now
      -Can we bet as a bluff? No. KX and flushes never fold. With the King paired, I think 88 and 99 are not folding, especially if they contain a single spade.

Thus we should check.
      -Can we c/c a Turn bet? No. We have insufficient reads, and we don't know how to proceed on a blank River. Do we call another bet? Do we just c/f?

Thus, the only other option is to check/fold

About you thinking that villain folds less in BvB - I don't think villain can float any wider than Ace high. Maybe he floats some backdoors like 6h7h or QsTc but that's about it.