This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - KK OP gets CR

• ILuvBeachVB
      ILuvBeachVB
      Bronze
      No Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50
      Full Tilt Poker
      6 players
      Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
      UTG - Hero ($50.50)
      MP - MP ($21.60)
      CO - CO ($56.40)
      BTN - BTN ($51.60)
      SB - SB ($50.00)
      BB - BB ($50.00)

Preflop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is UTG with K:diamond: K:heart:
      Hero raises to $1.50, 4 folds, BB calls $1.00

Flop: 9:diamond: Q:club: 4:heart: ($3.25, 2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $2.00, BB raises to $6.50, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: 2:club: ($16.25, 2 players)
      BB bets $11.50, Hero calls $11.50

River: A:heart: ($39.25, 2 players)
      BB bets $30.50 (all-in), 1 fold, Uncalled bet of $30.50 returned to BB

Total Pot: $39.25
      BB mucks

BB wins $37.30

Villain: 22/16/3/33/176 [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/# hands]

Guy seems like a regular TAG. So when he CR, what can he have on this dry board other than set or JT? Maybe AQ/KQ I guess. And possibly some air? Seems unlikely to bluff CR vs my UTG open though.

Folding flop seems too tight though, but raising/shoving seemed like an overplay. So instead I station 2 streets and THEN fold, which sucked as well. Would love to know the best line for this hand.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

We don't know too much about this guy except he's a regular TAG. Regular TAGs could have QQ in their preflop range here vs a UTG range but I think he would definitely c/c top set here.

Flop: I don't think regular regs c/r AQ and KQ here. Would he c/r 99 and 44 on such a dry board? Maybe but I think it's less likely. Maybe he has some straight draws like KTs and JTs.

Turn: Brings a new flush draw, but is otherwise an innocuous card. I think calling a hand as strong as KK here is fine.

River: Being readless here, we should just think about our entire bluff catching range on the River, and divide out our range. We are facing a 3/4 pot sized bet, so we should be bluff catching with the top 56% of hands. What do you think you are getting to the River with? Count out those combos and arrange them in descending order, and call with the top 56% of those hands while folding the rest.