This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH - KJs hits straight on paired board

• ILuvBeachVB
      ILuvBeachVB
      Bronze
      No Limit Hold'em $0.25/$0.50
      Full Tilt Poker
      6 players
      Formatted by pokercopilot.com - Mac OS X hand history analysis and tracking

Stacks:
      UTG - UTG ($54.90)
      MP - MP ($50.00)
      CO - CO ($90.30)
      BTN - BTN ($50.00)
      SB - Hero ($71.30)
      BB - BB ($129.40)

Preflop: ($0.75, 6 players) Hero is SB with J:diamond: K:diamond:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.25, Hero raises to $4.00, BB calls $3.50, 1 fold

Flop: T:spade: J:spade: T:diamond: ($9.25, 2 players)
      Hero bets $5.55, BB calls $5.55

Turn: Q:heart: ($20.35, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

River: 9:club: ($20.35, 2 players)
      Hero checks, BB checks

Total Pot: $20.35
      Hero shows J:diamond: K:diamond: (a straight, King high)
      BB mucks A:heart: A:spade:

Hero wins $19.35

I 3bet as bluff in SB because the BU has 81% FT3B.

BB: 30/21/1.9/37/323 [VPIP/PFR/AF/WTS/# hands]

Bet turn? I checked because what better hand folds? What worse hand calls?

Value bet river? If we value bet river and get raised, do we fold? Seems like many Tx combinations hit a FH. And we are behind AK of course.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I don't really care how often he folds to 3bets. I 3bet here cos calling sucks in SB. If he is folding so often to 3bets, then it would be a complete waste to turn KJs into a bluff and I would definitely flat KJs in the BB.

Flop: Lots of value from broadways and spade draws

Turn: We are doing poorly now, we can't value bet turn when KQ/AQ improved.

River: A good spot to check again if villain is aggro and will turn some made hands into bluffs. Problem with this runout is that I think he shouldn't have too many bottom pair type of hands which can be turned into bluffs. The worse made hand he can have here is AJ, KJ has a straight, and he has AQ/KQ for top pair. He probably doesn't have TX here as he would bet the Turn and even if he had that he probably doesn't turn it into a bluff on the River.

Is there any value in a river bet though? I Don't really see him calling too often but you could try.