This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 J9o 07-04-13

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $14.67 (293.4 bb)
      CO: $11.82 (236.4 bb)
      BTN: $1.60 (32 bb)
      Hero (SB): $5 (100 bb)
      BB: $19.20 (384 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9 J
      2 folds, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.20, BB folds, BTN calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.45) 5 Q J (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.30, BTN calls $0.30

Turn: ($1.05) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.14, BTN calls $1.10 and is all-in

River: ($3.25) 5 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Hi,
      Preflop maybe I shouldn't have isoraised here, but villain did seem very loose fishy over this small sample.

Flop:
      I could very well have the best hand here, but when he calls I'm sure he has a Qx and I can't get him to fold.

Turn:
      As I get two pair and the flop is not paired, I decided to shove here considdering his stack, I'm rather confident that he will call with worse.
      I suppose KT could play this way, but when he is this loose, I find it fine to shove turn, as these type of players often fall in love with they overcards.

Villain:
  • 2 replies
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      You said it yourself you shouldn't have isolated him in the first place:

1) he is fish
      2) he is really short
      3) you are op

"villain did seem very loose fishy" -> i don't think J9o will be enough strong in this particular spot after all we are playing almost always for value against these kind of a players than bluffing them of the pots.

As played on flop nothing to change..
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I would fold here preflop. Villain is short stacked, we are OOP and our hand is quite dominated here.

As played, betting the flop is close here, but I think that it will be +EV.

Once we hit two pair on the turn, shoving is good.

Best,
      Plamen