[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 42s 07-04-13

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $5.13 (102.6 bb)
      BTN: $6.67 (133.4 bb)
      SB: $5.04 (100.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.07 (101.4 bb)
      MP: $6.10 (122 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4 2
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30) 6 Q Q (2 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.70) J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds

Hi,

Villain had been stealing rather loose from the SB in each orbit he had about 67% steal from sb.
      I decided to play back at him, but was as a bluff, if I did hit a flush or better it would be cool but my idea was to steal the pot on the turn depending on the flop etc.

Flop:
      Villain could easily connect with this flop, I would think he would cbet any flop tho, his cbet% was high here as well.

Turn:
      I did improve and think I had to show my move here, it might be a horrible bluff, but I aswell could easily represent Qx.
      Anyways it was a raise/fold.

I might want to considder that he doesn't have a high turn cbet, which I did not when I played?

It should be a hard spot to continue for any villain unless they are maniacs or have near nuts here.

Villain:
  • 2 replies
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      What's his fold to 3bet ?

It would probably be better to 3bet whit this kind of suited connectors and make a call whit something that has more value.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think you leveled yourself quite badly here.

Preflop is an easy fold. There is no need to defend this hand even if the guy opens 67% on the SB.
      Keep in mind, that since he raises 3bb you need to defend around 37% of the hands in order not to loose money, and 42s is definitely not in those 37%.

Just fold the flop here. We have two undercards and even if we hit the FD we can't overflush him.

As played, once we hit the FD on the turn, I prefer just calling here. I doubt he is going to fold a lot when we raise.

Best,
      Plamen