This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 42s 07-04-13

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $5.13 (102.6 bb)
      BTN: $6.67 (133.4 bb)
      SB: $5.04 (100.8 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5.07 (101.4 bb)
      MP: $6.10 (122 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 4 2
      3 folds, SB raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.30) 6 Q Q (2 players)
      SB bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.70) J (2 players)
      SB bets $0.40, Hero raises to $1.50, SB folds

Hi,

Villain had been stealing rather loose from the SB in each orbit he had about 67% steal from sb.
      I decided to play back at him, but was as a bluff, if I did hit a flush or better it would be cool but my idea was to steal the pot on the turn depending on the flop etc.

Flop:
      Villain could easily connect with this flop, I would think he would cbet any flop tho, his cbet% was high here as well.

Turn:
      I did improve and think I had to show my move here, it might be a horrible bluff, but I aswell could easily represent Qx.
      Anyways it was a raise/fold.

I might want to considder that he doesn't have a high turn cbet, which I did not when I played?

It should be a hard spot to continue for any villain unless they are maniacs or have near nuts here.

Villain:
  • 2 replies
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      What's his fold to 3bet ?

It would probably be better to 3bet whit this kind of suited connectors and make a call whit something that has more value.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think you leveled yourself quite badly here.

Preflop is an easy fold. There is no need to defend this hand even if the guy opens 67% on the SB.
      Keep in mind, that since he raises 3bb you need to defend around 37% of the hands in order not to loose money, and 42s is definitely not in those 37%.

Just fold the flop here. We have two undercards and even if we hit the FD we can't overflush him.

As played, once we hit the FD on the turn, I prefer just calling here. I doubt he is going to fold a lot when we raise.

Best,
      Plamen