60k hands and losing, what can I do?

    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Joined: 16.12.2009 Posts: 742


      These are my stats after 60k hands on rush, NL25 & 50 Shorthanded over at FTP since launch. I've been losing abit. I can't say I've been running good but since I can't change that I thought you guys could help point out areas where I can improve my game. I suspect there are alot of holes since I've only played around 130k cg hands total.

      I know about the River Call Efficiency issue and I'm working on it. I also know that I've raised alot too lot in SB, but I'm working on that aswell.

      Thanks for any help! :heart:
  • 17 replies
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Joined: 29.08.2012 Posts: 177
      I'm no authority or anyting, but just interested in the stat stuff. Just looking at your stats vs what Leakbuster recommends. Like you mentioned the RCE and SB re-raise stats. The only thing that i really noticed was you are on the high side in CO/BU, and SB UO PFR. So maybe just tighten those up a little bit. Maybe you could post your positional stats? Just wondering how much you are losing in SB/BB?

      I was just going over my own stuff, and i think my postional winrates were a bit low overall. so trying to tighten up my ranges. It is a small sample, but so far this month it has been much better.
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Joined: 16.12.2009 Posts: 742
      Thanks for the reply! I'm just looking for some advice, from anybody, so authority isn't nescessary ;)

      Here's the positional stats.

    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Joined: 29.08.2012 Posts: 177
      Not seeing your positional stats.
    • aXSesPS
      aXSesPS
      Bronze
      Joined: 13.12.2010 Posts: 61
      looks like to me that you might be playing too many hands or being too aggressive from the blinds, in which you will generally be out of position.
    • derkraemer
      derkraemer
      Bronze
      Joined: 27.08.2007 Posts: 22
      You play exactly the same number of hands from any position. Well, could be due to the cards your dealt but in general You should be playing a lot more hands from the button than from early position... Do You consider position at all when judging a hand?
      Put a sticker on top of your screen that reads "I will only play the top 10 starting hands when I am in the blinds" and see what happens....
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Joined: 16.12.2009 Posts: 742
      Originally posted by derkraemer
      You play exactly the same number of hands from any position. Well, could be due to the cards your dealt but in general You should be playing a lot more hands from the button than from early position... Do You consider position at all when judging a hand?
      Put a sticker on top of your screen that reads "I will only play the top 10 starting hands when I am in the blinds" and see what happens....
      Ofcourse, I focus alot on position. As you pointed out, the same number of hands is because the blinds rotate and I'm dealt in every position equally. As you can see from my PFR & VPIP I'm aware of the power of position, if you will.
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Joined: 16.12.2009 Posts: 742
      Originally posted by aXSesPSRNMD
      looks like to me that you might be playing too many hands or being too aggressive from the blinds, in which you will generally be out of position.
      '

      Yup, defo been having some issues with my ranges from blinds, working on it as we speak though!
    • holmeboy
      holmeboy
      Bronze
      Joined: 29.01.2010 Posts: 1,336
      Your losing rate from the blinds is actually good... If you folded every hand you'd lose 100bb/100 from BB and 50bb/100 from SB, your half that.

      I think you should be making more money on the btn tbh...
    • ProfitsofDoom
      ProfitsofDoom
      Basic
      Joined: 29.08.2012 Posts: 177
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      Your losing rate from the blinds is actually good... If you folded every hand you'd lose 100bb/100 from BB and 50bb/100 from SB, your half that.

      I think you should be making more money on the btn tbh...
      That was one of my issues. I started looking at trouble hands, and some of the filters in Leakbuster, and i don't think i was playing OOP very well, and not winning nearly enough in CO and BU. So this month i've tried to adjust my opening ranges, and isn't a huge sample, but my winrate in CO and BU has been way better.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.11.2008 Posts: 2,233
      Hi Guthans,

      Your overall stats seem fairly good to me.
      The one thing I noticed is that you fold too much to CBets.

      I cant see your positionnal stats though which would help a lot to point out more things.

      You seem to be playing quite loose for your stake. Nothing wrong with it, i like it but it requires to be more cautious/choose well your spots post flop and that's where you might be losing money.

      Can you post again your positionnal stats?
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Joined: 16.12.2009 Posts: 742
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      Hi Guthans,

      Your overall stats seem fairly good to me.
      The one thing I noticed is that you fold too much to CBets.

      I cant see your positionnal stats though which would help a lot to point out more things.

      You seem to be playing quite loose for your stake. Nothing wrong with it, i like it but it requires to be more cautious/choose well your spots post flop and that's where you might be losing money.

      Can you post again your positionnal stats?
      I think that may very well be because of an unbalanced calling range preflop. Last week I hadn't as much as put up a range for myself anywhere, except for random ranges picked up in blogs etc. I've been putting in some work in equilab this week, it really does open up your eyes actually seeing what different ranges look like, but also understanding why they look like they do helps tremendously.

      I actually always thióught I was a good postflop player, which kinda hindered me from working on that part of my game, but as you pointed out I do get into alot of hard decisions postflop and my folding game has really sucked these last months. I'm working on it!

      Sorry, but positional stats? I thought people meant BB, BU, CO etc stats, which I posted, but obviously I'm missing something, care to explain and I'll post them asap?
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Joined: 16.12.2009 Posts: 742
      Originally posted by holmeboy
      Your losing rate from the blinds is actually good... If you folded every hand you'd lose 100bb/100 from BB and 50bb/100 from SB, your half that.

      I think you should be making more money on the btn tbh...
      Mhm indeed, I should. Been battling them regs and unfortunately overadjusting because they never adjust or they really really overadjust. Regs are superwierd on NL25. I'll be tightening up my 4bet range.
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.11.2008 Posts: 2,233
      Originally posted by Guthans
      Thanks for the reply! I'm just looking for some advice, from anybody, so authority isn't nescessary ;)

      Here's the positional stats.

      Seems like there is some kind of a picture in this post but I can't see it.
      By positionnal stats I mean the same stats you posted in your original post but with all the positions
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Joined: 16.12.2009 Posts: 742
      Does this work?

    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Joined: 16.12.2009 Posts: 742
      missedit
    • Dublimax
      Dublimax
      Bronze
      Joined: 22.11.2008 Posts: 2,233
      I can sweat you if you want, might be easier to spot some leaks and we can also go through your stats.
    • Guthans
      Guthans
      Silver
      Joined: 16.12.2009 Posts: 742
      Originally posted by Dublimax
      I can sweat you if you want, might be easier to spot some leaks and we can also go through your stats.
      I'd love too! Got skype or something like that? PM me with details and I'll add you tomorrow after work. I can't wait!