MP: $10.15
      CO: $2.38
      BTN: $10.00
      SB: $6.77
      BB: $7.85
      Hero (UTG): $13.85

SB posts SB $0.05, BB posts BB $0.10

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero has A:spade: T:diamond:

Hero raises to $0.30, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.30, SB calls $0.25, BB calls $0.20

Flop: ($1.20, 4 players) Q:club: A:diamond: 2:spade:
      SB checks, BB bets $0.10, Hero raises to $0.72, BTN calls $0.72, SB calls $0.72, fold

Turn: ($3.46, 3 players) 3:diamond:
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.70, BTN calls $1.70, fold

River: ($6.86, 2 players) 7:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $3.26, Hero calls $3.26

BTN shows 9:heart: A:heart: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 33%, Flop 21%, Turn 14%)
      Hero shows A:spade: T:diamond: (One Pair, Aces) (Pre 67%, Flop 79%, Turn 86%)
      Hero wins $12.72

Both blainds were fishes, so I raised fro mUTG with that hand. Normally would fold preflop.

Player that calls from BTN is 18/15 with Af 2.2
      VPIP from Late pos. is 21%
      Althogh my own stats at current point (35 hands) are 40/34 - that makes me a fish too.

On flop betting seems fine to get value from fish donking and to fold out some pairs like JJ-22 for BTN and get a call from Qx hands.

Turn: When I bet half pot, I expect to get a raise from AK,AQ hands to get value from my flush draws, straight draws.

River: Now villain can hold like missed flush, Qx, missed straight.
      I took some time to think and called it to bluff catch.

Villain was pretty unhappy about my call.

I do not like to do it all the times in such situations, but in general time to time and villain dependent it looked a possible scenario.
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Iloas,

Preflop open is borderline, but your reasons for doing so are acceptable.

Raise vs min-donk is great for the reasons you mentioned.

Turn bet is ok multiway, I like the smaller sizing.

River spot is awkward. BTN is overplaying his hand. The fact that villain was unhappy about your call is ridiculous. If he expects you to call with worse (unlikely imo), then he should clearly expect you to call with ATo.

Calling is ok, but you won't make a lot of money in the long run here. Villain can still hold AK/AJ, and might bluff larger with TJ/KJ (and even fold the turn) and bluff larger with any busted FD's. I.e is range looks merged so the only thing you beat are bad value bets from worse Aces and Qx. Tbh I don't expect Qx to ever bet here given the action. I'd probably tend towards folding here, expecting to see better Aces, slowplayed sets/AQ, A2/A3s.