This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] anon tables nl4 sh Q8s CO aganist fishy SB

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      BTN: $4 (100 bb)
      SB: $3.12 (78 bb) 60/0/flc bet 33/14 hands mark as weak.
      BB: $5.81 (145.3 bb)
      MP: $6.88 (172 bb)
      CO: $4.52 (113 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q :club: 8 :club:
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.12, BTN folds, SB calls $0.10, BB folds

i open a bit loose the BU seems tight + the SB is a really weak opp .

Flop: ($0.28) J:diamond: 7:heart: 5:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.04, CO raises to $0.24, SB calls $0.20

when he donks so small. I like raising to take down the pot cause i think i got some FE . Also i got the bd fd so i can barrel some turn

Turn: ($0.76) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, CO bets $0.44, SB calls $0.44

the turn is good gives me the fd + the gs also its an overcard to 7 ,5 so he might fold his weaker pairs soo i bet again .

River: ($1.64) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.64, CO folds

the river is pairs the board and i dont think is a good spot to bet again so i fold What u think overall ?
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Noulispa,

Usually 2-barreling turned draws vs most fish is not a great strategy. They will call the turn with most of the range that calls the flop which makes 1-barrel and 3-barrels both better than 2-barrels in a lot of cases.

Raising flop will be ok - sometimes you take it down, sometimes you get called by worse. I'd probably just check back turn and hope to improve on river.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      hmmm and what about building the pot in case we hit the flus to get paid? make any sense ? But yes i aggree what u say about barrel draws against the fish .
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by noulispa
      hmmm and what about building the pot in case we hit the flus to get paid? make any sense ?
      Interesting question. Yes, potentially.

For example if we knew barreling turn was 0 EV but allows us to build a pot and extract more money on the river then it might be a legitimate option.

I think barreling turn will be -EV though and I don't think being able to extract more money on the river will make up for that. It's a pretty difficult thing to quantify.

The other thing to mention is that, a fish might just stack off on the river anyway, even if there is a lot more than a pot-sized bet left, so you gain less by building a pot.