[NL2-NL10] anon tables nl4 sh Q8s CO aganist fishy SB

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      BTN: $4 (100 bb)
      SB: $3.12 (78 bb) 60/0/flc bet 33/14 hands mark as weak.
      BB: $5.81 (145.3 bb)
      MP: $6.88 (172 bb)
      CO: $4.52 (113 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q :club: 8 :club:
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.12, BTN folds, SB calls $0.10, BB folds

i open a bit loose the BU seems tight + the SB is a really weak opp .

Flop: ($0.28) J:diamond: 7:heart: 5:club: (2 players)
      SB bets $0.04, CO raises to $0.24, SB calls $0.20

when he donks so small. I like raising to take down the pot cause i think i got some FE . Also i got the bd fd so i can barrel some turn

Turn: ($0.76) 9:club: (2 players)
      SB checks, CO bets $0.44, SB calls $0.44

the turn is good gives me the fd + the gs also its an overcard to 7 ,5 so he might fold his weaker pairs soo i bet again .

River: ($1.64) 9:heart: (2 players)
      SB bets $1.64, CO folds

the river is pairs the board and i dont think is a good spot to bet again so i fold What u think overall ?
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Noulispa,

Usually 2-barreling turned draws vs most fish is not a great strategy. They will call the turn with most of the range that calls the flop which makes 1-barrel and 3-barrels both better than 2-barrels in a lot of cases.

Raising flop will be ok - sometimes you take it down, sometimes you get called by worse. I'd probably just check back turn and hope to improve on river.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      hmmm and what about building the pot in case we hit the flus to get paid? make any sense ? But yes i aggree what u say about barrel draws against the fish .
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by noulispa
      hmmm and what about building the pot in case we hit the flus to get paid? make any sense ?
      Interesting question. Yes, potentially.

For example if we knew barreling turn was 0 EV but allows us to build a pot and extract more money on the river then it might be a legitimate option.

I think barreling turn will be -EV though and I don't think being able to extract more money on the river will make up for that. It's a pretty difficult thing to quantify.

The other thing to mention is that, a fish might just stack off on the river anyway, even if there is a lot more than a pot-sized bet left, so you gain less by building a pot.