[NL20-NL50] SB vs BB and BB is wide and aggressive

• cutegoldfish
      Poker Stars, $0.50/$1 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $87.47 (87.5 bb)
      Hero (SB): $100 (100 bb)
      BB: $253.59 (253.6 bb)
      UTG: $100 (100 bb)
      MP: $55.93 (55.9 bb)
      CO: $116.58 (116.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A Q
      4 folds, Hero raises to $3, BB calls $2

Flop: ($6) 7 K 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $1.89, Hero calls $1.89

Turn: ($9.78) 7 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $7.47, Hero calls $7.47

River: ($24.72) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, BB bets $17.77, Hero folds

$24.72 pot ($1.11 rake)
      Final Board: 7 K 6 7 T
      Hero mucked A Q and lost (-$12.36 net)
      BB mucked and won $23.61 ($11.25 net)

I'm not sure what to do against this person, he calls pre flop very wide BB vs SB, atacks alot of flops by raising CB. I was thinking whether i should bet and re-raise, turning my hand into a bluff? or check call down. he is'nt representing alot but im not sure if he will bluff 3 streets.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Flop: I usually bet here though this guy is certainly a special exception. Check/fold seems silly. So our options are either to bet/call, bet/3b, bet/fold or c/c.

If he had more imbalanced frequencies I think c/c 3 streets would certainly be best. But I would probably prefer betting here. He has a high raise F, but that doesn't mean that he attacks all flops. He is probably less inclined to bluff raise here on this drier flop.

As played

Based on his bet F when checked to, and the bet sizing, I am inferring that he usually has 7X here (making a weak protection/thin value bet on the Flop, increasing the Turn and River size after being improved by the Turn card).

Turn is close and I would fold the river. While pairing cards are technically better for us to bluff catch with Ace high, I think 89 got there, and his line is more consistent as 7X as mentioned in the previous paragraph.

However I just think that playability is going to be very poor and I don't think he's going to be super imbalanced here. So I'll bet Flop, and I'll probably call a raise and float OOP.