c-bet

• Gbuyer
      Gbuyer
      Basic
      my first post...yayyyyyyyyyyy! Lov'n tis site!!

My question is about c-betting, particularly when multi tabling. I play 24 tables now using mss and am doing well...mostly because of the rake back (vip points on ps). I use no hud. I am slowly plugging leeks. With little knowledge of my opponents (both from playing many tables and closing and opening new tables many times during a session). As a rule of thumb, I have been c-betting 100% of the time when I was the preflop raiser and there are no more than 2 opponents. As I log in more hands I'm starting to notice that this is not working as well as when I started. Mostly due to the c-bet, a call and then a check on the turn followed by a bet by my opponent and then a fold on my part.

Any thoughts....rule of thumbs....I don't have any stats to show....and perhaps as I play more hands (have logged approx. 50k hands now) my auto c bet regardless of who I play will make $. Maybe over thinking it.

One last thing....playing .05/.10 now...but know when I am ready to move up to .25 the tables will get harder and worried my c-betting will be noticed more by people that are not muti tabling and will just wait to 4th street to bet me outa the pot.

I typically c-bet 1/2 the pot
  • 11 replies
    • doctorkgb
      doctorkgb
      Bronze
      Play less tables imho
    • Gbuyer
      Gbuyer
      Basic
      Well...don't want to do that...mss is working great multi tabling 24....and my profit is increasing, slowly but increasing....just want to maximize it. While on auto pilot hard to read every player...so thought Id give c-betting 100% of the time when the above situation occurs.....and also...although I am increasing in profit now...worried when I move up a level it wont....thanks for your comment none the less
    • Phgrinder
      Phgrinder
      Silver
      well you can just stay on your current level and prinit monies if your worried about moving up
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gbuyer
      Well...don't want to do that...mss is working great multi tabling 24....and my profit is increasing, slowly but increasing....just want to maximize it. While on auto pilot hard to read every player...so thought Id give c-betting 100% of the time when the above situation occurs.....and also...although I am increasing in profit now...worried when I move up a level it wont....thanks for your comment none the less
      It will be quite hard to get far 24 tabling with no HUD, as all your opponents will have one, and be playing less tables and getting progressively better as you move up stakes.

Blindly betting 100% of the time is not a good idea with midstack in my opinion. Your stacksize makes things very difficult when you're raised/floated on the flop because then you often have to fold or be willing to get it all in. When you cbet 100% unless your preflop range is very tight, you're gonna have to fold to way too many flop raises if you're only continuing with top pair+.

At higher limits you will get heaps of people exploiting your 100% cbet and you will have no idea who is legitimately raising/floating you for value and who is exploiting you, because you will be playing 24 tables with no HUD.
    • Gbuyer
      Gbuyer
      Basic
      would have to play 8 hours/day 7 days/week to accumulate anything significant. That's why I want to maximize profit at this level. Only have time for 4 hours/day 5 - 6 days per week. At this rate with vip cash incentives alone will make approx 600$ in 2 months...... can't wait to move up levels

most of the time this c-bet problems I encounter is holding AK....board is something dry like 6h9dqs....I c-bet...just get called...on the river something like a J or 2 shows....then I check...starting to see more bets by my opponent lately rather then just a check to the river
    • Gbuyer
      Gbuyer
      Basic
      thanks......ya...I guess I will have to add a hud soon.....I was hoping at 24 tables I could follow a rule of thumb that was mathematically sound. I shouldn't say 100% of the time....I pretty much go my the basic mss strategy on this site...like for example...wont c-bet on a board that is 4d5d6d as an example...if I had askc for example......

but as you said....and what I said...as I move up levels I will get exploited.... I need to find more 24 tabling posts....most are very general.....considering I am making a profit and feel comfortable and realize that I do have leeks.....I think I want to continue to try and master the 24 table thing....to some extent I think there is some auto piloting and using rule of thumbs to speed up decisions .....also as you mentioned...playing the mss strategy makes things more difficult.....sss would be better for 24 tableing in auto pilot but on ps, you can only play with a min of 40% of table limit...i.e. for .05/.10...10$...you can only sit with min of 4$ not 2$

thanks again
    • Tomaloc
      Tomaloc
      Bronze
      you see, if people have a hud they'll see that you cbet flop 95% of the time and c/f the turn 60% of the time or whatever.
      i guess you play quite tight so maybe not that much

anyway uh, tbh you sound like one of those super exploitable mss regs, but a) i'm biased b) if you're making money then great for you.

in any case, you should def get a hud, regardless if you want to move up or not. i mean, if you are masstabling, huds are your eyes on online poker.
      you can only move up so much playing blind :f_eek:
    • Gbuyer
      Gbuyer
      Basic
      thanks,

yup...a hud will be needed soon. In the mean time just using this sites advice....to c bet 100% of the time if I read it correctly.......1/2 pot against 1 player on non drawy board and 3/4 on drawy board or against 2 players. but not so sure this is profitable when I go up levels.........any one playing .25/.50 now? and c-betting 100% as shown in mss strategy on this site?
    • metza
      metza
      Bronze
      That article was written years ago, when people usually folded to cbets if they didn't have a hand.

People are a lot more onto it now, even fish.

While a board texture is a good indication of whether to cbet, knowing opponent tendencies is a far better reason to cbet or not.

You can't just say you want to cbet a flop because its "dry". There are so many other factors that influence play that even with an HUD you would miss if playing 24 tables.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      Thanks all, moved to beginners' questions :)
    • nefarious26
      nefarious26
      Bronze
      cbet boards that you have equity in, on wet boards you will get called to often by draws/floats etc and if your giving up on turn then its obviously not going to be profitable,

playing so many tables you really should get a hud for info on opponents and yourself,

you can cut your tables down and pay more attention and you could have a better winrate playing half the tables

dont look at poker as some get rich quick scheme you need to have all your focus on improving your game and if that means playing less tables and getting a hud the so be it

i guess its all down to what your long term goals are