[NL2-NL10] Nl2 Zoom Sh QQ

• MRgRa
      MRgRa
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $1.44 (72 bb)
      SB: $1.95 (97.5 bb)
      Hero (BB): $1.97 (98.5 bb)
      UTG: $2.03 (101.5 bb)
      MP: $3.17 (158.5 bb)
      CO: $1.15 (57.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q Q
      UTG raises to $0.06, MP folds, CO raises to $0.12, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.10, UTG calls $0.06

Flop: ($0.37) 9 4 6 (3 players)
      Hero checks, UTG checks, CO bets $0.12, Hero calls $0.12, UTG folds

Turn: ($0.61) T (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32

River: ($1.25) 7 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.59, CO calls $0.59 and is all-in

Results:
      $2.43 pot ($0.08 rake)
      Final Board: 9 4 6 T 7
      Hero showed Q Q and lost (-$1.15 net)
      CO showed A A and won $2.35 ($1.20 net)

I had my HUD on, but there was no stats on this guy, and I decided to just flat call all the time till river, when he was on shortstack with 0.59$.
      And blah, he shows te pocket aces. How predictable. And all the time I thaught, that I have the strongest cards in this hand. How foolish from my side
      :facepalm:
  • 7 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I think ur gameplan is fine if u want to call down 3 streets. Just bcos he had aa now doesnt mean he cannot show up with worse.
      Dont be results oriented. Instead, try to qjestion your asumptioms abt his range.

Is the river jam good? I think its not a good play. Hes obviosuly never folding kk and aa for a halfpot bet. I also dont think we rep straights too well (i say this with the asumption that u are turning your hand into a bluff).

But from what u wrote it seems like u think u had the best hand (value bwtting).

What hands do u think u are getting called by when u jam here on a four straight board?
    • MRgRa
      MRgRa
      Bronze
      Maybe I didn't fully understood your last question, but I presume, you asked me about my river bet. I think he would have called me with anything, that makes two pairs for him, 77+ and stronger. Please correct me, if I misunderstood your question.
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Silver
      Originally posted by MRgRa
      Maybe I didn't fully understood your last question, but I presume, you asked me about my river bet. I think he would have called me with anything, that makes two pairs for him, 77+ and stronger. Please correct me, if I misunderstood your question.
      So considering he would only call with better hands. You shouldn't have bet the river. I always try to think of 3 or more hands he can call to my bet. If I can't find these hands, I won't bet it.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      what are you trying to achieve here with your river bet?

1) Are you trying to fold out better hands? Name me a few better hands you think you can fold out.

2) Are you trying to get called by worse? Name me at least 2 worse hands which calls you here, cos you are losing to AA and KK when you jam here so you need at least 2 or 3 more worse hands in villain's calling range to justify jamming here for value
    • MRgRa
      MRgRa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml

1) Are you trying to fold out better hands? Name me a few better hands you think you can fold out.

2) Are you trying to get called by worse? Name me at least 2 worse hands which calls you here, cos you are losing to AA and KK when you jam here so you need at least 2 or 3 more worse hands in villain's calling range to justify jamming here for value
      1)44, 66, 99?

2)22, 33, AJ+
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Silver

1)44, 66, 99?

2)22, 33, AJ+
      If the player is good... he can fold the sets but won't call with 22,33 and AJ
      If the player is bad... he will call the sets but still won't call with 22,33 and AJ

Just my 2 cents
    • MRgRa
      MRgRa
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Zeffke

1)44, 66, 99?

2)22, 33, AJ+
      If the player is good... he can fold the sets but won't call with 22,33 and AJ
      If the player is bad... he will call the sets but still won't call with 22,33 and AJ

Just my 2 cents
      Ok, maybe you can tell your opinion about it?