[NL2-NL10] 33

• cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Villain 23/17 af 3.6 cbet 90 ftcbet 60 wtsd 25 3bet 7.2 (3bet 4 from BB) 217
      I was kinda card dead... playing quite tight... folded to several 3bets.

$0.05/$0.10 No Limit Holdem
      Prima
      5 Players
      Hand Conversion Powered by weaktight.com

Stacks:
      UTG ($2.63) 26bb
      cozacu (CO) ($10.25) 103bb
      BTN ($26.09) 261bb
      SB ($16.65) 167bb
      BB ($14.57) 146bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) cozacu is CO 3:heart: 3:club:
      UTG calls $0.05, cozacu raises to $0.30, 2 folds, BB raises to $0.85, UTG folds, cozacu calls $0.55

Flop: 2:club: K:diamond: 2:spade: ($1.50, 2 players)
      BB bets $0.90, cozacu raises to $2, BB calls $1.10

Turn: 10:diamond: ($4.60, 2 players)
      BB checks, cozacu checks

River: 9:diamond: ($4.60, 2 players)
      BB checks, cozacu checks

Final Pot: $4.60

Villain was 3bet happy(although not especially from BB but I didn't have a big hand sample) so I decide to call in order to take the pot away at some point.

Flop: super dry... I had a really tight image(PF I folded to several 3bet) so I considered that my raise on flop looks really strong(the size was wrong?)... I could have easly have Kx with witch I`m just trying to get some value... I expected him to trow away any mediocre PP and non Kx hand.

What do you think of the though process and the atempt ?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: "Villain is 3bet happy" -> Fold now.
      When you call with low pocketpairs which have really poor playability, you must have some sort of game plan.

-vs super nitty ranges: Call to setmine
      -vs wide ranges: you must be willing to bluff catch on a bunch of various low boards while you should usually be folding on flops with 1 or more broadway cards, you must also be willing to bluff raise in some spots. I think it's still ok to call if villain is very straight forward post flop but once he gets super aggro and barrel heavy postflop you should just muck this immediately as you are rarely going to be able to get to showdown with your weak pocketpair.

i think given the 100bb stack size situation i don't think calling is going to be very profitable. i guess the good thing going for you is that his raise is on the smaller side, you only need to call 55c more.

Flop: Snap fold the flop, if you want to make fancy plays like that you are probably better off folding immediately. You don't rep anything here and if i were villain i would never fold QQ JJ to you if i did cbet those hands on the flop. of course this guy isn't me, but this should be something that you are thinking about. You are probably 4betting AK preflop, and you cannot really represent 2X. Would you raise KQ/KJ? I doubt it. board texture is so dry as well, we have no reason to have any raising range on the flop.