• MRgRa
      Poker Stars, $0.01/$0.02 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $2.24 (112 bb)
      SB: $2.46 (123 bb)
      Hero (BB): $1.31 (65.5 bb)
      UTG: $1.21 (60.5 bb)
      MP: $11.54 (577 bb)
      CO: $2.58 (129 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T K
      UTG calls $0.02, 4 folds, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.05) Q J A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.04, UTG calls $0.04

Turn: ($0.13) A (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.12, UTG calls $0.12

River: ($0.37) Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.36, UTG calls $0.36

$1.09 pot ($0.04 rake)
      Final Board: Q J A A Q
      Hero showed T K and lost (-$0.54 net)
      UTG showed A 5 and won $1.05 ($0.51 net)

So here's one of my most dramatic hands in last few days. After checking on BB, the flop shows premium full HD quality hand :coolface: and here's clear pot-size bet. Turn is not scaring me so lot, and I'm continuing my pot-size bet, and again he flat-calls me. Time to start worrying, because maybe he have something Ax, and if the river comes with something like previous cards, I'm in deep trouble. And indeed, it does. F***ing Q is here :rage: , and only way to protect my hand is to continue my pot-size bet. So, was my pot size bet right decision in this situation, or not?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Preflop: Read dependent - If I knew that villain was really loose here I would raise it up to 8-10 cents. But if you think he isn't that tight then checking in the BB is perfectly fine.

Flop: I prefer checking here. If he has nothing or a weak hand like QX/JX he probably will call once and fold turn at the very most. I think check/raising allows you to build up the pot way more. Let's say you check and he bets his AX here to 5cents, you can easily raise it up to 20-25cents and the pot will be 3-4 times larger.

Turn: easy pot bet

River: Betting is definitely the worst play here. He never folds QX/AX and he will always fold worse hands. You are just paying him off with he has stronger hands and allowing him to get away with his JX/busted draws.

You should check here, and if he bluffs enough of the time, call. If he is not bluffing enough of the time, fold.