SB: $19.35 (96.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 K
      Hero raises to $0.60, 2 folds, SB calls $0.50, BB folds

Flop: ($1.40) 5 8 7 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB calls $0.90

Turn: ($3.20) 6 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $2.20, SB calls $2.20

River: ($7.60) Q (2 players)
      SB bets $7.60, Hero raises to $30.94 and is all-in, SB calls $8.05 and is all-in

Results:
      $38.90 pot ($1.94 rake)
      Final Board: 5 8 7 6 Q
      Hero showed 9 K and lost (-$19.35 net)
      SB showed 9 T and won $36.96 ($17.61 net)

Hi!
      What do you think about this hand?
      I opened preflop because this villaind and the others were pretty tight.
      On the flop, I was thinking about a moment that there is any purpose of my cbet, but then I thought I have so many outs: With a K I will be okay, I think + with a 9 I will have a good showdown value (for potkontroll) + I have a GS which would be the nuts for me.
      On the Turn I was really happy for my straight but I think I should have bet bigger there...
      Finally cames the river with the pot donk ofc... Does it make sense to push it on him or I am really cool with my call there because there won't be worse hands to call me?
      I thought that he's really not that aggressive postflop but on the river he definitely is... and he was donking a lot previously on the river (that's why he's aggro there), so I decided to shove it, because he can easily call me with some retard 4x + sets, that he couldn't fold... but still, I'm unsure that my decision was any good. :f_frown:
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: It's fine, when SB is a fish.

Turn: I think you should be potting here IMO, you are probably losing value

River: I think the main question you need to ask yourself is whether you have value in a raise.

If you think villain almost always has 9X here then there's no point in jamming. On the other hand if you can go for value vs sets or lower straights like 4X, then I would prefer jamming here.

I think it's fine, I don't really see any room to raise/fold given stack sizes so I'd probably jam and hope for 4X here. He shouldn't have T9 all that often here.