This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] QQ, utg, vs 3bet

• pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      Opponent is unknown 4-tabler. I don't want to play 4bet-call because of isolation. Do you think folding here preflop is a weak play? What do you think about our line postflop vs unknown? Can we find fold somewhere since we in in an early positions, which means he probably has a narrow range?

How would you play this speculative spot?

Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.25(BB) Replayer
      SB ($10.87)
      BB ($25)
      Hero ($25)
      UTG+1 ($25)
      CO ($25)
      BTN ($10.50)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:heart:

Hero raises to $0.75, UTG+1 raises to $2.50, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls $1.75

FLOP ($5.35) T:heart: T:spade: 2:club:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $2.75, Hero calls $2.75

TURN ($10.85) T:heart: T:spade: 2:club: 5:club:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $6.25, Hero calls $6.25

RIVER ($23.35) T:heart: T:spade: 2:club: 5:club: 6:spade:

Hero checks, UTG+1 bets $13.50 (AI), Hero calls $13.50 (AI)
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Vladimir,

Preflop: I feel that his range has at least a few 3 bet bluffs and most likely AK, QQ+ (some even have JJ there) so I don't think you would go wrong with a 4-bet.

And I would prefer a 4-bet rather than call OOP and play vs unknown postflop.

Do you see any additional value in a call? Do you expect villain to bluff multiple streets (remember he is unknown)?
    • pokerferrer
      pokerferrer
      Bronze
      Yeah, thank you. Very optimistic for me to bluffcatch here. Versus whole that range really much better to 4bet-call here. Also I think I've played the hand in the worst possible way. I really wanted to fold on the river but as usual coudn't find it.