Advises pls, Change or keep play tours

• aent4x
      aent4x
      Bronze
      Hi all, i am a micro buy-in poker player and i play poker the last 4-5 years.
      All these years i played a lot forms of poker(NL cash& tours,FL, PLO) and i was
      a losing player until the last 6 months. I started playing small-field tournaments up to 5.5$/e buy-in and now i am winning player with a good success.
      I try to educate myself into the game, i see 1-2 videos a week(i break them on parts)
      or i read articles/books when i have a bit of time (20-30 mins), I like that very much and i also like tournaments. The problem is that i don't have much time to play tournaments any more, I can't play 3-4 hours in the row and usually the tours that i play are to late at night (for me, i have to wake up to early).
      So,the last 1-2 months i play only 5-8 tournaments/week mostly on weekends,i am still winning but i want to play more, like 1 or 1+1/2 hours/day.
      So i ask for your opinion, should i change and play cash or an other form of poker and try to learn that form or now that i running good i should stick to tournaments and keep educate slowly myself on that form?
      What would you do in my situation?

Thank you in advise.
  • 6 replies
    • TinoLaan
      TinoLaan
      Bronze
      If you want to keep playing tournaments, I would recommend playing turbo MT SNGs on Stars. They may take as short as 60 minutes, dependent on how many players the tournament has. A 45 man turbo tournament, for example, will rarely last longer than 90 minutes, so it's definitely possible to play a decent amount of those if you have the time to play for 3 or so hours.

But if you don't have that time, it may be better to play either cash, or single table SNGs, because they take noticably shorter (especially the turbo and hyper turbo variants).

But it's really up to you to decide which form of poker you think is the most fun for yourself. So I recommend you just try a few different forms out, and base your decision on what you enjoy the most :)
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      Hey eviapos

I completely agree with Tino (Thanks Tino by the way). There are really fast tournaments that are around so that could sort your time issues. But yeah there are so many variants out there that you can shop around and play what you enjoy. Personally I would recommend playing short-handed cash games because it's quite dynamic and you get a good amount of action plus you get the added bonus of being able to leave whenever you want but it all boils down to personal preference. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Regards,
      Luke
    • aent4x
      aent4x
      Bronze
      Thank you both for your advises and for your quick respond.
    • AlvisR
      AlvisR
      Bronze
      for time issues try Heads up hyper SNGs

all the best luck ;)
    • aent4x
      aent4x
      Bronze
      Ty AlvisR i will try HU Hyper-turbos, Can you recommend me any training videos cause i can find only one or any other material for HU-hyper?
    • legand73
      legand73
      Bronze
      I'm not sure how relevant the general heads up articles will be but they may be a good foundation.

Also there is one called the SAGE strategy which is the Sit and Go end-game system that may help you when the blinds get bigger. These articles are unfortunately silver status so you'll have to increase your status to be able to access them though.

This video may also help you.

Hope I helped but i'm not sure how relevant this material will be since I haven't played any HU hyper tournies before.

Regards,
      Luke