This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL50 SH -AQo: cbet flop?

• Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      45/15
      38% fold vs cbet flop
      48% wwsf
      1.4 af
      16% wtsd
      99 hands

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $8.33 (16.7 bb)
      SB: $101.92 (203.8 bb)
      BB: $45.70 (91.4 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $50 (100 bb)
      MP: $20 (40 bb)
      CO: $36.79 (73.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q A
      Hero raises to $1.50, MP folds, CO calls $1.50, 3 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 5 T 8 (2 players)
      Hero

I have overs and runner nut flush, but i find that in this boards i have very low fold equity... so...
  • 2 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      How does he respond to double and triple barrels? I assume he is not folding pocket pairs on flop and will get sticky with a lot of them on turn.

I've been experimenting recently with barelling backdoor draws, and making 1/2pot or even less river bets vs these calling station type players (note his wtsd%). I can't say for certain but it seems to be working pretty nicely so far. (although it is nasty OOP)

I don't know how to calculate the ev possibilities but we can look at how many cards we can fire turn on:

any :heart: , any J, Q K or A

Thats 24 cards out of 47 remaining which seems like a good amount to me, add to that I'm starting to believe we have great fold equity vs these players on our third barrel it seems to me that its a great spot to cbet if you don't mind some variance.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lunitis,

I feel that our hand is strong enough to cbet and since he doesn't fold much we can even consider it as a light valuebet.

It's true that the board is somewhat connected but I don't think it's a mistake betting ~2/3 pot.