BU: 42/4
      133 hands

BB: 27/21
      15% 3bet
      14% squeeze
      39% 3bet vs utg oop (28)
      624 hands

Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $60.21 (120.4 bb)
      BTN: $74.33 (148.7 bb)
      SB: $50 (100 bb)
      BB: $29.83 (59.7 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $70.84 (141.7 bb)
      MP: $71.89 (143.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 6 6
      Hero raises to $1.50, 2 folds, BTN calls $1.50, SB folds, BB raises to $4, Hero ...

What a beast..
  • 5 replies
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Have you got any vs4betfold info, and 4betrange info on villain so we can take a guess at how he plays beyond 3bet game?

Also wondering what your open range is early position, 66 is at the bottom of mine now so I normally fold it. (I did some HM analysis and was surprised how badly hands worse than 66 did for me so I'm just cutting them from my range) That said, he's giving us a ridiculously good price and we have position on him.

so..... I guess call for set value? Without the BU caller its probably a nice spot to slowplay JJ+ AK as well by calling but you can still 4bet/fold some hands like AJs ATs that might make you cringe 3-way after the button calls.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Lunitis,

Given that BTN is a huge fish and our odds for calling are good (and most likely keep the fish in) I would just call here simply for odds/implied odds.

I don't see any reason to turn our hand into a bluff.
    • Lunitis
      Lunitis
      Bronze
      In my last big database review i also saw that my small PP arent doing well in the UTG so im also cutting on them, before i would just open 100%.

I didnt post vs 4bet stats because of the very small sample. It was 44% in 9 fold vs 4bet.

Im not calling for set value if the 3bet/squeezer is a MSS. So you recommend calling anyway if the caller is a fish with good stack?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Lunitis
      In my last big database review i also saw that my small PP arent doing well in the UTG so im also cutting on them, before i would just open 100%.

I didnt post vs 4bet stats because of the very small sample. It was 44% in 9 fold vs 4bet.

Im not calling for set value if the 3bet/squeezer is a MSS. So you recommend calling anyway if the caller is a fish with good stack?
      I would say yes.

We have to look at it this way:

We invest $2.5 or 5 BBs. If we play fit or fold we lose 5x7= 35 BB.

So the one time we hit that's how much we need to make from either player. Because the fish is there and is deeper with us I think we have great implied odds even if we lose the occasional pot (when we hit a set).

You aren't really calling for the BB anyway but rather the BTN.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      For some reason I didn't note the BU's stats when I first saw this HH. I like Bogdans point :)