This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl50 sh zoom aq

• jules97
      jules97
      Bronze
      20/17

BUT open 57%
      cbet flop 66%
      fold to flop cbet raise 59%

fold to river bet 48%
      raise river 13%
      river call effic 2.6

I x/r the flop coz he is opening wide, cbetting very often and folds to x/r very often. I thought with backdoor nut FD this was fine.

Turn, I decided to give up on all but hearts. Looks like a good card to barrel, but him calling the x/r when he folds so much made me decide against it.

On the river, I bet to rep the flush draw, then he raises small so I decide to shove with ace blocker.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $61.54
      SB: $25.04
      Hero (BB): $89.65
      UTG: $70.05
      MP: $50.75
      CO: $252.30

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has A:heart: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.00, fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25, 2 players) 8:heart: 9:diamond: 3:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, BTN calls $3.00

Turn: ($11.25, 2 players) T:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($11.25, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero bets $7.25, BTN raises to $14.50, Hero raises to $84.15 and is all-in

BTN cries in chat then
      BTN calls $41.54 and is all-in
      Hero shows A:heart: Q:spade: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 60%, Flop 51%, Turn 18%)
      BTN shows K:heart: T:heart: (Flush, King High) (Pre 40%, Flop 49%, Turn 82%)
      BTN wins $120.83
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

Flop: I think it's fine

Turn: I agree with check/folding, IMO villain will either reraise allin on the Turn a lot with some made hands for protection, or just not give you credit when there are so many draws out there

River: IMO your opponent is repping a flush, and I am not going to attempt to fold out flushes for 100b. I just think that's suicidal.

Make it 200bb, and maybe things may change and if you make a super huge overbet maybe you can fold out baby flushes. But that's very opponent dependent and he needs to be good enough to lay down flushes which requires a lot of discipline and good hand reading.

You must think about what villain is repping. IMO that's either 44 (which must be heavily discounted cos he either bet/folds flop or checks back the Flop a fair bit) or a flush draw which didn't want to bet the Turn and risk getting jammed on and being forced to fold. I think there's a good chance you get to fold out 44 if he somehow has it but he's definitely not folding a flush