Bronze
      20/17

BUT open 57%
      cbet flop 66%
      fold to flop cbet raise 59%

fold to river bet 48%
      raise river 13%
      river call effic 2.6

I x/r the flop coz he is opening wide, cbetting very often and folds to x/r very often. I thought with backdoor nut FD this was fine.

Turn, I decided to give up on all but hearts. Looks like a good card to barrel, but him calling the x/r when he folds so much made me decide against it.

On the river, I bet to rep the flush draw, then he raises small so I decide to shove with ace blocker.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $61.54
      SB: $25.04
      Hero (BB): $89.65
      UTG: $70.05
      MP: $50.75
      CO: $252.30

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.75) Hero has A:heart: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.00, fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.25, 2 players) 8:heart: 9:diamond: 3:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, BTN calls $3.00

Turn: ($11.25, 2 players) T:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($11.25, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero bets $7.25, BTN raises to $14.50, Hero raises to $84.15 and is all-in

BTN cries in chat then
      BTN calls $41.54 and is all-in
      Hero shows A:heart: Q:spade: (High Card, Ace) (Pre 60%, Flop 51%, Turn 18%)
      BTN shows K:heart: T:heart: (Flush, King High) (Pre 40%, Flop 49%, Turn 82%)
      BTN wins $120.83
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi,

Flop: I think it's fine

Turn: I agree with check/folding, IMO villain will either reraise allin on the Turn a lot with some made hands for protection, or just not give you credit when there are so many draws out there

River: IMO your opponent is repping a flush, and I am not going to attempt to fold out flushes for 100b. I just think that's suicidal.

Make it 200bb, and maybe things may change and if you make a super huge overbet maybe you can fold out baby flushes. But that's very opponent dependent and he needs to be good enough to lay down flushes which requires a lot of discipline and good hand reading.

You must think about what villain is repping. IMO that's either 44 (which must be heavily discounted cos he either bet/folds flop or checks back the Flop a fair bit) or a flush draw which didn't want to bet the Turn and risk getting jammed on and being forced to fold. I think there's a good chance you get to fold out 44 if he somehow has it but he's definitely not folding a flush