Diff between hu cash & s n g's

• 5 replies
    • dbuk13
      I prefer ST HU SNGs. You can just train Push-fold in SNG Wizard and get a lot of advantage while playing 4-6 tables simultaneously.
    • RasTweet
      Hey guys

Moved the thread. I'm a fish at HU so I can't really help you with your question :(

• DrDunne
      i too am a fish at HU but im gunna go ahead and assume yes, they are played differently. HU cash you will most likely be playing with at least 100bb effective stacks. HU SnGs will have significantly shallower stacks the longer the match lasts for. for example you'll probably start off with 1500 chips with blinds at 10/20 and they'll increase from there on. the shallower the stacks the less room you have to maneuver postflop so this will significantly adjust the ranges that you should play. like you won't have much room to pull off some multistreet bluff if barrelling the turn will commit you.

you'll also have to understand push/fold for HU SnGs and i highly doubt you will want to be open shipping A9o in a HU CG :)

other than that, i can't really give more info cos i only play 6max and never SnGs so maybe someone more knowledgeable can help if i missed anything.
    • legand73
      Hey thesundancekid

Just adding to the ^^ comments. Not speaking from experience because i am a fish at HU but i know that in our strategy section there is a distinct difference between sng HU and HU cash. These articles may help answer your question in more detail. I know that the fundamental strategies in this article for heads up cash games are a lot different to what we call the sit and go end game system (S.A.G.E), with more detail in this article. The difference comes mainly with regard to the proportion of stack sizes compared to the blinds. At any rate you should check these articles out.

• Lazza61
      Most definitely. In CGs, you should never be push/folding. In SnGs, your ultimate profit will come from how well you play push/fold as stacks get shallower.

In CGs, a lot of your nice pots will come from post flop action.