SB: $5.60
      BB: $4.77
      UTG: $7.59
      MP: $5.44
      Hero (CO): $5.07

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has Q:diamond: A:spade:

fold, MP raises to $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, fold, SB calls $0.13, fold

My hand is not decent to 4bet for value, 4bet as a bluff will be disastrous as it destroys strong equity of the hand so just call here in position.

Flop: ($0.50, 3 players) A:heart: 9:heart: 7:diamond:
      SB bets $0.36, fold, Hero calls $0.36

Donking into two is almost never a bluff, it may be 99, 77, mayhap AJ, AT, some Axs, my hand is again not strong for a raise but too strong to fold so call here.

Turn: ($1.22, 2 players) T:diamond:
      SB bets $0.90, fold

This card doesn't strengthen my range, the board is drawy and the opponent makes a solid bet, I don't think his range is wide enough to include Axs and AT now has me beat. So I opt to fold here.

SB wins $1.17
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey GreenPiece,

Flatting vs an MP open with AQ is a good play. This should be your standard play with no info on villain.

Your flop and turn line are fine here.

I think a slightly stronger line might be to play raise/fold on the flop. Very often villain will flat worse Axs/draws out of position but re-reaise 2pair/sets.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Thanks for your answer!

Can you please explain raise\fold line a bit more thoroughly? It is done for value obviously if we expect the villain to call Ax OOP but is it a probable assumption? Don't we give up our equity forcing him to fold weaker hands & staying only with strong ones?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by GreenPiece
      Thanks for your answer!

Can you please explain raise\fold line a bit more thoroughly? It is done for value obviously if we expect the villain to call Ax OOP but is it a probable assumption? Don't we give up our equity forcing him to fold weaker hands & staying only with strong ones?
      It exploits the tendency of micro-stakes players to flat draws/weak-pairs and 3bet with sets/2pairs. You extract value from worse while simultaneously taking the initiative and gaining further information about villains range. This will also make playing the turn easier. If villain flats vs your flop raise you can usually value bet safe turn cards knowing that villain likely has a worse Ace or draw.

If you thought villain would fold Ax hands + draws to a raise then flatting is the best option, agreed. Most players will call with these hands though.