gA`s poker bloguee

• gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Hello! My name is Gatis and im from Latvia. I guess im 24 years old :D This is my first blog. Dunno how it will go but still want to try it out!

Started to play poker five months ago. Initial deposit was 47$. Ofc jumped into FR which kinda wasnt for me. Like other beginners didnt knew about opening ranges, stealing and other super similar stuff related to poker.
      After like playing one week friend suggested me to try out sexmax games and there it started. I started to improve my game - read articles, watch videos etc etc.
      First small challenge was to increase amount of tables which i play. Went pretty good, helped me a lot. After some time started decreasing numbers of tables so i was able focus on other more important things.

What can i say about other things like tournaments ? I kinda never have been interested in tournaments although i like to gamble a bit :f_biggrin:
      Ofcourse i tried some freerols with pressing big button but i felt that they are not for me. So i continued with 6max games.

Well, here is my graph so far.

I think i could made it a bit faster but i couldnt refrain myself cause my favourite hand is :spade: A :spade: K and it fits very well with big button :f_cool:
      There are 2 spots in graph when night grinding went wrong :D both nights lost 11 BI i guess. Now im restrained from grinding at night :tongue:

Grinded, grinded till i got 35 BI for nl10. At the end of graph u can see that its shaking a lot. Tried out nl10 and got coolered a bit. But kinda feeled that i can handle theese games with a bit higher BR.

Was a bit tired of grinding so i decided to take little chalange. Wanted to try out Anonymous tables. At supermicros there are a lot of fishes :f_cool: Dunno how it will affect my game overall but i think i will only gain not lose.
      Graph so far.

Will grind a bit those anon tables and then we will see. I plan to connect both bankrolls from Partypoker and Unibet later on. So i could conquer nl10 much easier. What do you think about it? :evil:

If we talk about my aims... I want to -

:spade:P lay 50k+ hands per month :spade:
      :spade:P ut as much as possible effort in learning :spade:
      :spade: Attend coachings :spade:
      :spade:P ut some pressure on Bogdan and other hand evaluation coaches :spade:
      :heart: Continue my bodybuilding road :heart:

My long term goals i will keep in secret :s_cool: I can only say that i want to grind up money and get coach to fix my leaks.

I will put some funny gambling hands here, some stuff i want to know, share some session graphs etc etc.
      So thats it for beginning. Thank you guys for attention and see you at tables. :evil:

:diamond: Villain will be in trouble!!! :diamond:
  • 125 replies
    • tommygecko
      tommygecko
      Bronze
      Hi buddy!

Will follow this blog :D
    • larts1
      larts1
      Bronze
      glgl, following
    • StillHaveIt
      StillHaveIt
      Basic
      GL! I think it is going to be great blog. How often are u planning to update the blog?
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StillHaveIt
      GL! I think it is going to be great blog. How often are u planning to update the blog?
      Will try to do my best :)
    • zaree
      zaree
      Bronze
      Originally posted by StillHaveIt
      he will post every hand like MeAmor22 :D
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      So went for evening session. Went pretty well. Beginning was super boring, but i was patient :f_pleased:

Overall it was a simple session. Nothing more to say.
      There was only 1 hand that put me in tough spot.

Prima, $0.02/$0.04 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

CO: $9.23 (230.8 bb)
      BTN: $8.79 (219.7 bb)
      SB: $6.63 (165.8 bb)
      BB: $2.97 (74.3 bb)
      UTG: $3.63 (90.8 bb)
      Hero (MP): $4.34 (108.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q Q
      UTG raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.32, 4 folds, UTG raises to $0.84, Hero calls $0.52

Flop: ($1.74) J 5 8 (2 players)
      UTG bets $2.79 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.79

Turn: ($7.32) 9 (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($7.32) 4 (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results:
      $7.32 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: J 5 8 9 4
      UTG showed K A and lost (-$3.63 net)
      Hero showed Q Q and won $7.22 ($3.59 net)

I dont know where this call came from. Was in super ugly spot when he overbet bombed it. I beat nothing here only bluff :f_cool:
      Happy with results ofcourse. Lets wait for tomorrow and see what it brings us :tongue:
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      i see you are progressing really fast, nice to see that you invest some time in learning too not just mindless grinding... :)

best wishes to my number one referal! :D
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by vuciitis
      i see you are progressing really fast, nice to see that you invest some time in learning too not just mindless grinding... :)

best wishes to my number one referal! :D
      Hah, thanks man ;)
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Hello bastards :evil:

Today was a bit ugly day. Had some things to do and didnt have much time to play poker. Still managed to play evening session. Pretty standart, nothing else to say. Not many hands :(

Graph looks like:

There was 1 guy who was doing crazy stuff on river. I was a bit upset about his moves so decided to get some info on him :tongue:

Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $8.64 (216 bb)
      UTG: $2.88 (72 bb)
      Hero (MP): $7.73 (193.3 bb)
      CO: $3.99 (99.8 bb)
      BTN: $4.23 (105.8 bb)
      SB: $3.70 (92.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 9 A
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.12, CO folds, BTN calls $0.12, SB calls $0.10, BB folds

Flop: ($0.40) 2 4 2 (3 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.26, BTN calls $0.26, SB folds

Turn: ($0.92) 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($0.92) 9 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.28, BTN raises to $1.76, Hero calls $1.48

Results:
      $4.44 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 2 4 2 6 9
      Hero showed 9 A and won $4.34 ($2.20 net)
      BTN showed A Q and lost (-$2.14 net)

Ofc i luckboxed river but still. Wouldnt be really upset if he shows with some deuce. Big bluff catch :f_cool: He paid for his crazy moves. So thats it for today! Will wait for tomorrow! Hope to play a bit more. Cya!

P.S. Posted 1 hand for evaluation. Outplaying fish went wrong :facepalm:
      3bet bluff goes wrong
    • dalmar469
      dalmar469
      Bronze
      Good luck G
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by dalmar469
      Good luck G
      Thanks man! How are your things going on? :s_cool:
    • dalmar469
      dalmar469
      Bronze
      Pretty good. Had a good month. Don't know how many months( maybe 2-3, maybe more) will i play nl4. I'm on good track.
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Pretty good. Had a good month. Don't know how many months( maybe 2-3, maybe more) will i play nl4. I'm on good track.
      Thats great! Keep pushing Villain :f_biggrin:
      Actually at what time mostly u play? Cause i see big difference playing in the morning or evening. And even given the fact that i feel comfortable at night i dont play cause night grinding went wrong few times as i mentioned earlier. Mby should try out again in the near future.
    • dalmar469
      dalmar469
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gAsheks
      Actually at what time mostly u play? Cause i see big difference playing in the morning or evening. And even given the fact that i feel comfortable at night i dont play cause night grinding went wrong few times as i mentioned earlier. Mby should try out again in the near future.
      I play when I get time. Today I will play 6-8 hours. If you think you are playing weaker at night then play more at night. That way you will improve. Had problems with tilt (still have but is significantly reduced). Because of tilt I also couldn't play more than 2-3 hours. Now when I'm close to tilt, I ask myself is it bad variance thing or just played poorly( after analyze hand and not big deal) and just push the tilt off the way. Now I can play 6+ sessions. That's my advice.
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by gAsheks
      I play when I get time. Today I will play 6-8 hours. If you think you are playing weaker at night then play more at night. That way you will improve. Had problems with tilt (still have but is significantly reduced). Because of tilt I also couldn't play more than 2-3 hours. Now when I'm close to tilt, I ask myself is it bad variance thing or just played poorly( after analyze hand and not big deal) and just push the tilt off the way. Now I can play 6+ sessions. That's my advice.
      About playing its same. When im able - i play. I train every second day so im cautios with playing after trainings because some days im totaly done after it. So no reason to play some C game.

How do you manage your sessions? Do you strictly go for nonstop 6h grinding? Or you make some breaks ?
      As i have seen so far something like 3x2h works pretty fine for me.

Will try out playing at night for some longer period and show some results here. Hope night grinding wont go wrong :D

And thanks for advice :f_cool:
    • dalmar469
      dalmar469
      Bronze
      I mix with that. Sometimes i play with breaks sometimes don't. It all depends on other obligations. Just discovering that i'm able to play longer sessions without breaks are significantly for me.
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Hello! This is again me :D

So today i played almost 3h long session. Precisely 1500 hands and the last hand was Pre AI with TT :D Guy showed some total junk.

Tightened up a little bit preflop and wasnt bluffing all day long with garbage hands. Worked pretty fine.

My mental game was pretty strong. Only 1 hand shaked it a little bit.

So there is 1 hand where i was floating and tried to do some little bluff on river. Guess what happened? :facepalm:

MP: $4 (100 bb)
      CO: $4.83 (120.8 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $8.94 (223.5 bb)
      SB: $3.96 (99 bb)
      BB: $7.99 (199.8 bb)
      UTG: $4.36 (109 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with K T
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, SB folds, BB calls $0.08

Flop: ($0.26) 3 Q J (2 players)
      BB bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.54) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.32, Hero calls $0.32

River: ($1.18) 6 (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.78, BB calls $0.78

Results:
      $2.74 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 3 Q J 5 6
      Hero showed K T and lost (-$1.36 net)
      BB showed J 8 and won $2.64 ($1.28 net)

Guy didnt believed me on blank :D But thats okay! This hand only improved my mood.

Im wondering about one stat. Looks quite dissapointing.

I guess i wasnt calling river bets but bombing by myself :D

Ofcourse i have to put my losing sessions graph:
      :coolface:

Well, prety insane. What else can i say. Didnt lost a single 100bb stack. Biggest one was 83 BBs. And it was Pre AI ofc :D
      I think i wont go for more sessions today so thats it. See you soon :f_cool:
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Hey fellas :evil:

Today played almost 3h long session. A bit more hands than yesterday. Played quite nitty :D

Worked pretty fine.

I felt good about my play, and about my mental state. There was only 1 hand that shaked my mental game a lot. But what can i say? I cant blame fish :coolface:

UTG: $6.28 (157 bb)
      MP: $2.85 (71.3 bb)
      CO: $6.42 (160.5 bb)
      BTN: $13.11 (327.8 bb)
      Hero (SB): $7.48 (187 bb)
      BB: $4.55 (113.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A A
      3 folds, BTN raises to $0.20, Hero raises to $0.64, BB folds, BTN calls $0.44

Flop: ($1.32) 2 T 4 (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

Turn: ($3.32) 8 (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.20, BTN calls $2.20

River: ($7.72) J (2 players)
      Hero bets $1, BTN calls $1

Results:
      $9.72 pot ($0.10 rake)
      Final Board: 2 T 4 8 J
      BTN showed 6 6 and won $9.62 ($4.78 net)
      Hero showed A A and lost (-$4.84 net)

I guess my 3bet size should be bigger considering our stack sizes and my position :(
      My mistake...

If i look back at yesterdays problem with river call efficiency - today i see another landscape.

Ofcourse, thats not a sample but still im happy. Also my non showdown winnings are positive which happens quite rarely for me at this limit.

Well, as usual session graph:

Nothing to comment here...
      After a bit less than hour i have leg training so its very doubtful that i will go for more sessions. I think i will be totally done after it, but we will see. You never know :D
      Cya!
    • vuciitis
      vuciitis
      Bronze
      Nice graphs dude :)

About the hand- u cant blame the guy for calling that 3bet being so deep. Only thing i dont get it is how did he called the turn... And i think u still should bet little bit bigger for protection on the river, because this was just money donation. Id say around 2,8$ so we at least make him to think that it might be a tiny value bet. That 1$ was just too abvious.

Overall im really impressed with your success in this short period of time you are playing seriously, gj man! ;)