[NL2-NL10] anon tables nl4 sh A8o CO

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      CO: $4.38 (109.5 bb)
      BTN: $9.20 (230 bb)
      SB: $4.21 (105.3 bb)
      BB: $3.86 (96.5 bb) 35/30/pf agg 36 60 50 /fld cbet 100 donk 50(2)/hands 70
      MP: $4 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A :club: 8:spade:
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.12, 2 folds, BB calls $0.08

I make the loose open fro mthe CO cause the BU + sb seem tight and the BB is fish. A8o though is my buttom of my range .

Flop: ($0.26) 8:club: 6:heart: 9:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.16, CO calls $0.16

on the flop i think he had donked once again and i fold . So i think even though the board isnt great but we got 2nd pair i would call at least flop and see turn and decide.

Turn: ($0.58) K:diamond: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.28, CO calls $0.28

The K i dont think hit a lot of his range he prob got hands like 9x 8x 6x with a draw prob. So i call at least one

River: ($1.14) 4:club: (2 players)
      BB bets $0.32, CO calls $0.32

on the river i didnt want to call i got hust get really good pot odds so i make a spewy call . What u think overall ?
  • 8 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I think you played the hand good.

I would go for a fold on the turn, if he did bet big, but against his small sizings I think we can call down here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I could even see myself raising that turn when he bets so little(turnin hand into a bluff) His hand looks weak, more like 9x or 8x, sometimes he has better so the best way to take this hand down would be to raise. If he was a huge whale that goes to SD wide I would only call down.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      CPallo I don't think that bluffing a 35/30 guy here is ever a good move, we just don't have enough information. Passive line here is defiantly fine.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      We have already 70 hands and being such loose guy doesn't mean that he is a station. So his WTSD would determine my decision. (And 35/30 ratio tells that he is smart enough to raise instead of limping, so I think he could be a decent player)
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      We have already 70 hands and being such loose guy doesn't mean that he is a station. So his WTSD would determine my decision.
      Than why are you giving advice before asking for his WTSD?
      (or at-least mentioning it?)

Originally posted by CPallo And 35/30 ratio tells that he is smart enough to raise instead of limping, so I think he could be a decent player.
      He donked 16 in to 26 -> decent players doesn't do that.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by sausage646

Than why are you giving advice before asking for his WTSD?
      (or at-least mentioning it?).
      I ment it in my original post that my decision depends on villains wtsd.

Originally posted by CPallo And 35/30 ratio tells that he is smart enough to raise instead of limping, so I think he could be a decent player.
      He donked 16 in to 26 -> decent players doesn't do that.[/quote]And why not? If he has like 8 or 9 here, hero is quite often just checking back with intention to make delayed cbet as that board rarely hits him. And if hero's own image is that he doesn't cbet that much, that could affect it a lot, too.
    • sausage646
      sausage646
      Bronze
      CPpallo

"nd if hero's own image is that he doesn't cbet that much, that could affect it a lot, too."

I like how you are making assumptions on information that isn't given.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hey guys,

I wouldn't really like turning this hand which has decent showdown value into a bluff against this guy who could easily go for a call down with something like 9x.

In this spot, our plan should be to get to showdown as cheap as possible.