This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] 99set in 3bet pot

• Tombic
      Tombic
      Bronze
      only 9 hands on villain, still he has double stack so i assume he is regular.
      Decided to call preflop cause we both deep and i can set mine. My plan on flop was to reraise cbet,
      but his bet size on flop and turn set me on alarm mode. If he has bluff hand, then i cant get value
      reraising on flop or turn. If he has value hand like AA,AK i think he would bet bigger. I think he can play KK, QQ, weak draws(semibluffs) this way. I dont think many weaker cards will call me on river and wasnt sure i will be able to lay down set against check/shove.
      Nice hand or huge nitty?

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.1/$0.25 No-Limit Hold'em (6 handed)

Known players:
      BU (Hero):
      $55.39
      SB:
      $27.51
      BB:
      $52.68
      MP2:
      $45.10
      MP3:
      $25.81
      CO:
      $48.91

Preflop: Hero is BU with 9, 9.
      3 folds, Hero raises to $0.65, SB folds, BB raises to $2.55, Hero calls $1.90.

Flop: ($5.2) K, 9, 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $2.00, Hero calls $2.00.

Turn: ($9.2) 3 (2 players)
      BB bets $4.00, Hero calls $4.00.

River: ($17.2) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: $17.2.

Results follow:

BB shows three of a kind, kings(Kc Ks).
      Hero shows three of a kind, nines(9d 9s).

BB wins with three of a kind, kings(Kc Ks).
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Tombic,

Preflop: looks fine given the stack sizes.

Postflop: Given his bet sizes we can assume either a big monster (KK) or a weaker hand looking for thin value like JJ-QQ or weaker Kx.

Based on the fact that KK is only 3 combos and the rest can be many I think that we can bet/fold the river for let's say 1/2 pot. The bet would be for value.