This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH 33 folded set

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($16.44)
      BB ($14.40)
      UTG ($17.29)
      CO ($37.69)
      Hero ($28.66)

Dealt to Hero 3:club: 3:heart:

fold, CO raises to $0.60, Hero calls $0.60, fold, fold

FLOP ($1.50) 3:spade: 8:heart: Q:spade:

CO bets $1, Hero raises to $2.70, CO raises to $4.40, Hero calls $1.70

TURN ($10.30) 3:spade: 8:heart: Q:spade: T:heart:

CO bets $7, Hero calls $7

RIVER ($24.30) 3:spade: 8:heart: Q:spade: T:heart: 9:heart:

CO bets $25.69 (AI), Hero folds

CO wins $23.09

blinds fish

note:
      can c/r big in 3way Axx, donk turn 2/3 and fold to raise when 30bb is left

I did not 3bet preflop because session stats was showing my 3bet about 25% and he is tight from CO and there is fish in blinds.

On flop I guess I have to rasie much bigger becasue there can be draws and when he makes small 3bet - he is not probably having QQ or 88.

I was thinking - he is tight from CO so he should rarely have Q8 and Q3, so I don't want to get all my stack with bottom set. By was not thinking about his sizings.

So could be that I made nitty fold. He might not even be having a striaght on river because he would not make on flop a 3bet with GS. He could maybe use this scary river for bluff. But thats really huge then. I am not sure.

Also with QQ or 88 he should not bet that big. But who knows - maybe he really did bluff 3bet with GS and hit turn or river.

There could be AQs which is a flush on river.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: He could have some overpairs on the Flop perhaps, though it's less likely given stack depth. Anyway I would either jam Flop or Turn

Turn: So many draws out there, you definitely have to jam turn now. Even if you were mostly isolating vs higher sets, I still think you have to do it especially if he has a ton of draws here. If you don't jam the Turn, I think almost half the deck will be bad for you (spade/heart/9/J)
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      I was thinking I don't want to overplay bottom set, I am 140bb deep.

How deep should I be to start going for pot control instead of jamming flop or turn in this situation?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I thought this was NL25 so I thought you were only slightly deep. This favours flatting the flop 3bet a lot more. I still think you should jam the Turn though, especially if villain's range is wide enough.