[NL2-NL10] NL16SH AKo 3barrel for value.

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $16.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BB: $14.13
      Hero (UTG): $31.55
      MP: $24.03
      CO: $20.21
      BTN: $15.12
      SB: $6.68

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is UTG with K :diamond: A :heart:
      Hero raises to $0.56, 1 fold, CO calls $0.56, 3 folds

Flop: ($1.36) 5 :diamond: A :diamond: 4 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.80, CO calls $0.80

Turn: ($2.96) T :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $1.84, CO calls $1.84

River: ($6.64) J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $3.52, CO folds

My villain is a TAGish guy and I think I just about have a thin valuebet vs AQ, but I'm wondering when we can or can't bet river for value and when we might or might not be able to C/C vs missed flush-draws. This doesn't seem to be the best river for it imo.
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DaPhunk,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: It's really important to look at the info we have on how often he cold calls. If his range is tighter and doesn't call suited aces for example then we are really only betting versus AQ and nothing else. Since we block the Kd he also has less KQ in his range especially after calling both streets.

The hands that get there on the river are some JJ and AJ. However, at these limits I feel that you are better off just vbetting the river and if we check it's a ck/fold as I doubt he has enough hands that can bluff or anything worse that valuebets.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      This is so much villain dependent. If he is very aggressive we could ch/call river, there's not much value against flush-draws anymore and if he is a guy who can fold then he would give up weaker aces.

By the way, "TAG"ish doesn't tell us a lot :D
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Yes its villain dependent and apparently worded my post wrong because that was my question. I'm actually completely happy with my line vs this particular guy hence why I didn't post the stats. Here is my question:

Who would you C/C against, who would you bet against and who would you fold against? What indicators will you use reads-wise or hud-wise to help you make your decision?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Yes its villain dependent and apparently worded my post wrong because that was my question. I'm actually completely happy with my line vs this particular guy hence why I didn't post the stats. Here is my question:

Who would you C/C against, who would you bet against and who would you fold against? What indicators will you use reads-wise or hud-wise to help you make your decision?
      That's a really broad question because there are so many types of players, but generally speaking we bet there almost always UNLESS we think that villain has so many hands he can turn into a bluff versus hands that can call, or we are afraid of b eing raised and not knowing what to do.

Remember that there are OESDs and FDs present so there are quite a few draws possible but you'd need a loose guy (fishy mostly) that's also somewhat aggro to ck/call.