[NL20-NL50] nl 50 AQo

• sandraardnas
      sandraardnas
      Gold
      Poker Stars, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $28.62 (57.2 bb)
      UTG+1: $83 (166 bb)
      UTG+2: $70.53 (141.1 bb)
      MP1: $26.19 (52.4 bb)
      MP2: $20.91 (41.8 bb)
      MP3: $50 (100 bb)
      CO: $66.32 (132.6 bb)
      Hero (BTN): $50 (100 bb)
      SB: $50.25 (100.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with Q A
      6 folds, Hero raises to $1.10, SB raises to $3.50, BB folds, Hero calls $2.40

Flop: ($7.50) 3 Q 9 (2 players)
      SB bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($16.50) 2 (2 players)
      SB bets $8.50, Hero calls $8.50

River: ($33.50) 2 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero checks

Results:
      $33.50 pot ($1.51 rake)
      Final Board: 3 Q 9 2 2
      Hero showed Q A and won $31.99 ($15.49 net)
      SB showed A K and lost (-$16.50 net)

Hi,
      maybe this hand was not especcially hard to play, but I have this problem that I dont defend vs resteal to much with call in position.
      Against many regs at this limits I can steal with any two and 4bet from time to time or even fold any time they 3bet me, because they just dont do it often enough to make my steal -EV.
      Nevertheless even if their 3b frequency is not too high, they still 3bet something about 9%, probably with very polarised range. So my steals can be even more profitable if I start calling some hands in position.
      Problem is that I dont know exaclty how to play those hands, dot know how many streets can I call with TP, or what to do if I dont hit.
      So I'll try to post every single hand when I'm calling resteal, and I hope this will help me just do this more often. Maybe this will help few other players with same problem.
      Here is 3better stats:

Stats I have from my friend and I have no history with him, with weaker Ax I would 4bet to say hello to him, but I thought AQ is too strong to do 4bet bluff.
      What would you call here?
      Of course I did not have any kind of plan so was improvising.
      On this flop structure Im definitely crushing his range, I also expect him to bet many worse hands as a bluff so I called cbet.
      Turn is problematic because I dont know if he can bluff blank, I looked at his cbet Turn stat that says he likes to double barrel, so I called even though I dont expect much bluffs in his range.
      On the River he fortunately didnt bet and I didnt have to make very tought decision, I decided to check back cause I did not think he would bluffcatch here KQ, AK and he still could have here AA or KK.
      What would you do when he triple barrel here? Given the fact he has here only 10 better hands combos, 6 split with AQ, he have to be bluffing here 6 combos to make my call profitable. But I dont know if he is capable
      on bluffing here with at least one combo. His AFQ R is high so maybe he is. and he created very odd pot after bet on turn, and that looks like he does not have value hand cause he would bet more to not overbetting the river.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      hi.

ok it seems that his range here is between 8-12% for restealing your bu raises. So AQo definitely falls in the defending range, as well as KQs/AJs.

How many streets do you call? I think standard is to call twice and decide on the River since people are often 2barreling. vs someone with a wide range AQ is a snap call on the River but this is FR and they not only have tighter PF ranges but also tighter barreling ranges.

I'll base this decision mostly on the River cbet stat, if it's 50%+ i would definitely never fold TPTK on any runout. If it's <40% I think I would fold on the river.