This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5SH - KK 3b pot OOP vs T raise

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      I had marked villain up as TAG/REG as he was mass multitabling. Villain seemed competent although too aggressive as shown by his AF. We had played a pot earlier where I stacked him with bottom set on JXXtt when he bet/3b-broke with KK in a normal raised pot, so it did cross my mind that he might overplay overpairs.

Preflop: Standard for value. Expected his 3b calling range to be something like this IP.

QQ-77,ATs+,KQs,AJo+,KQo

Maybe he calls a bit wider but at the time I did not have any stats regarding his Fto3b% or call 3b%

Flop: Bet 1/2 because board is dry but should I bet betting more like 2/3 here since we are deep, therefore it's hard to get him committed by the river?

Turn: Guess I should just fold to the turn raise, min-raises are usually the nuts in my experience . I'm not sure he raises me with worse OP's here. If he does I think its JJ/QQ max. Conversely, given that I didn't expect him to be calling 3b's IP with small PP's I couldn't see him having too many FH's + but it's still a possibility.

As played...

River: I called the turn with no plan for the river and when he shoves I have no idea where I am really but have to assume I am beat here. :f_cry:

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: $12.43 29/19/1/5/32/93 hands
      Hero (SB): $10.39
      BB: $2.17
      UTG: $12.51
      MP: $10.75
      CO: $14.31

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has K:diamond: K:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.14, Hero raises to $0.42, fold, BTN calls $0.28

Flop: ($0.89, 2 players) 7:diamond: 3:heart: 5:club:
      Hero bets $0.42, BTN calls $0.42

Turn: ($1.73, 2 players) 7:spade:
      Hero bets $0.82, BTN raises to $1.64, Hero calls $0.82

River: ($5.01, 2 players) 4:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $9.95 and is all-in, fold

BTN wins $4.80
  • 1 reply
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

Being deep with this guy and OOP, I would make it around $0.52.

As played, I'd bet bigger on the flop here - like $0.62.

On the turn I would bet here as well.
      When we get a minraise here I would most likely fold here. I don't think this is a bluff and I'm not really sure if he raises PPs (and as you said he should be raising only strong PPs) and even if he raises them I think he has more 7x/full house than PPs.

As played, folding the river is fine.

Best,
      Plamen