This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5SH - 88 vs EP pfr from NIT

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain was mass multitabling and since he did not have a high AF I wouldn't consider him to be a TAG, although he was c-betting 73% (8/11), so I'm not quite sure how to categorize this player

Preflop: Calling for implieds since villains range is quite strong in general and especially from this position, therefore if I flop a set then I think I will be able to extract value from OP's and TP's very often.

Obviously my hand can play for value IP on a lot of boards as well since it is ahead of some parts of his range.

Flop: bet/folding here for value / protection vs weaker PP's and overcards. When I get x/c'd I am confused, since I wouldn't expect villain to start x/c'ing any OP to this board as the PFA'r. This makes me think he either has 44/22 here, but I still think it's possible he plays this way with 55+. I would never expect this kind of player to x/c overs however.

Turn:At the time I just decided to bet/fold again without really thinking, but I guess it only turns my hand into a bluff since I would not expect him call any weaker PP's now. I think it would be better to check behind and re-evaluate river.

Thanks

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: $11.51
      Hero (BTN): $11.30
      SB: $2.46
      BB: $13.30
      UTG: $9.56 16/10/1/2/27/327 hands - seems NITTY
      MP: $10.63

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 8:heart: 8:club:

UTG raises to $0.15, fold, CO calls $0.15, Hero calls $0.15, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.52, 3 players) 4:spade: 2:club: 2:heart:
      UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.24, UTG calls $0.24, CO calls $0.24

Turn: ($1.24, 3 players) T:diamond:
      UTG checks, CO checks, Hero bets $0.58, UTG calls $0.58, fold

River: ($2.40, 2 players) 5:club:
      UTG bets $1.61, fold

UTG wins $2.30
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Muel,

Preflop: We are IP so calling is fine.

Postflop: He is a nit and thus his range is stronger so a big cbet % should be expected.

Since we cbet so small villain can ck/call hands like AQ/AK here and many fishy/nitty/regs do it.

Other hands are 55-77 and rarely, if ever, A3/A5 hands.

As played the river is an easy fold. He never bluffs there nor is he block betting for that much.