[NL20-NL50] nl25 sh AQ

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $41.09 (164.4 bb)
      UTG: $27.73 (110.9 bb)
      MP: $30.54 (122.2 bb)
      CO: $10.17 (40.7 bb)
      BTN: $10 (40 bb)
      SB: $23.15 (92.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q A
      2 folds, CO calls $0.25, BTN raises to $0.50, SB folds, Hero raises to $2.30, CO folds, BTN calls $1.80

Flop: ($4.95) 9 9 5 (2 players)
      Hero???

3bet pre for value but on this flop maybe i should just give up?
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      i think we gotta need some stats here like his button open, fold to 3bet and aggression.

without any reads im expecting him to be a fish and to open and call 3bets wide and im guessing so he will probably stab on this flop or make a move so i dont mind check/calling flop and turn or betting small to induce a raise with a hand like TK QJ and i will call it off.

cgf
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      well yeah i'm assuming he's fishy. he's 47/9 over 30 hands so not a great sample (sorry, i meant to post his stats). he also didn't open, it was an extremely weak raise over the limper...

on the flop i don't understand why i would check/call flop and turn. could you explain a little bit why this would be good? are we assuming he will stab IP on the flop and turn with air? how likely would we be to be behind vs some crappy PP that he decided to call pre with? and are we calling flop and turn only to fold the river unimproved?

thanks
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      very good questions.

when we check/call flop and turn we turn our hand into a bluffcatcher. Im expecting him to have alot of broadways in his range which would bet as a bluff or raise our small bets as a bluff.

if you take a look at his range you notice pocket pairs are only a very small portion of it and majority of it is broadways or SC worse than ours.

if we call flop and turn we are almost all in and im never folding any river since we are bluffcatching, you almost always have the odds to call on the river.

the reasoning behind this thinking is that fish MAY (i seen them do it pretty often) bet or raise alot of their worse hands because they think they cannot win. and if hes passive he will probably check back all streets and we get a showdown.