• 57 replies
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      Im guessing 5 or 6 though
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Heh, during then entry of the Olympic nations at the opening ceremony, the most applause was given for ... Chinese Taipeh (Taiwan) :D
      Musta hurt
    • Stigazavr
      Stigazavr
      Bronze
      Phelps i fire now, think he'll get it :)
      Russia - to collect a half of gold medals ;)
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Belgium gonna get 3 medals, my guess :) 1 silver - 2 bronze and that would be good I think
    • Backcushion
      Backcushion
      Bronze
      Saladino will win the long jump!That's for sure.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      I will be watching the rowing, think New Zealand is going to kick a$$ this time
    • Zeffke
      Zeffke
      Bronze
      Originally posted by delete461
      I will be watching the rowing, think New Zealand is going to kick a$$ this time
      I hope we can beat u in football :) (soccer :) )
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      4x100m relay freestyle women was very nice to watch :) Great performance from the Netherlands beating Australia and US.
    • bckdrflush
      bckdrflush
      Bronze
      swimming times are all world records so far. is it really the new suits? the mens 4x100 freestyle relay saw the canadians shave 4 secs off their time, beat the previous world record and still finish 6th?

Is the water rigged? Can they make it more or less dense to give more exciting results? The chinese have been firing thousands of rockets in the air to stop the rain, why not spike the water?
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      This is the tournament everybody has trained for, this is where all of them are at their best, this is where it matters. That's probably it, in combination with the suits. You see a lot of new WRs every big tournament, just because that's the moment people train for and are at their best.

Phelps got lucky there, still on the way to 8 gold.
    • pepelinko
      pepelinko
      Bronze
      Originally posted by bckdrflush
      swimming times are all world records so far. is it really the new suits? the mens 4x100 freestyle relay saw the canadians shave 4 secs off their time, beat the previous world record and still finish 6th?

Is the water rigged? Can they make it more or less dense to give more exciting results? The chinese have been firing thousands of rockets in the air to stop the rain, why not spike the water?
      Swimming is funny, i bet there will be some doping problems at testing etc. Moreover, speed in a pool is often connected with pool depth, temperature of the wather, steepness of floor in a pool etc.
      At end there is a motivation involved and new special suits.
    • delete461
      delete461
      Bronze
      they raised one end of the building so everybody is swimming downhill
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      Originally posted by delete461
      they raised one end of the building so everybody is swimming downhill
      Thanks for spoiling all the fun for me, now I know why they swim so fast :(

I'm pretty sure things like temperature of the water is optimal everywhere, same with pool depth etc.

Phelps is probably becoming the person who has won the most gold medals ever tonight. Don't see him losing on 200 butterfly.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      Is Belgium really gonna finish the games without a single medal :rolleyes:
    • douglasjastewart
      douglasjastewart
      Bronze
      I have no good feelings towards the Olympics this year. Whose bright idea was it to give it to a country that has forced labor camps? The country is an absolute disgrace and the idea that we should welcome and celebrate it is abhorrent.

We will look back upon this and see it as no better than the 1936 Olympics.
    • SonicXT
      SonicXT
      Bronze
      I don't think this will looked back upon that badly.
      But the decision to give the Games to China is deplorable at best indeed. Just about everything about that country ain't right ...
    • douglasjastewart
      douglasjastewart
      Bronze
      It's not a fallacy to compare Nazi Germany and China. We're talking about a country that has a great big picture on Tienanmen Gate of the greatest mass murderer of all time, has concentration camps, steals organs from the living, murders and oppresses it's own people and lets' not forget as well as being particularly disgusting itself it also arms Sudan, Zimbabwe and Burma.
    • Yoghi
      Yoghi
      Black
      So because of politics you can't watch sports?
    • douglasjastewart
      douglasjastewart
      Bronze
      Politics Yoghi? Murdering your own people is politics to you? Oppressing them and making them slaves is politics? It's not politics, it's basic human dignity. We are talking about one of the foulest regimes that has ever existed on this planet. This isn't about politics.

Concentration camps aren't politics.

China has a politics issue like Ted Bundy had sexist issues.

We handed China, a country that revers the biggest mass murderer of all time, a propaganda coup. I don't watch it for the same reasons I don't watch the Triumph of the Will.