This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL5SH - 95s BU stl

• muel294
      muel294
      Bronze
      Villain was mass multitabling and VPIP/PFR seems to indicate that he is a reg or a least somewhat competent, but seems a little too passive to be considered a TAG so marked him as a weak reg / LP.

Preflop: Table was pretty tight and passive so I thought I would start stealing as wide as possible first in.

Flop: Awesome flop for me. When villain donks I felt like he would be donking a weak pair or a draw. Usually I just raise these because villains DB/fold a lot. However, in this instance since I have a lot of equity in the hand I don't think I should be raising here because he only bet/calls a strong range like TP+ and good FD's (that probably beat mine).

I think it would be better to call and re-evaluate so as not to turn my hand into a bluff.

As played...
      Turn: Since the fact that I might have isolated myself vs better FD's dawned on me my plan for this turn was bet/fold. I didn't expect him to x/rai worse hands, but expected him to x/c a lot, 2prs and pr + a draw.

River: Plan was to bet/fold R again for the same reasoning as on the Turn.

Thanks

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BB: $7.80 22/16/1/4/33/78 - WEAK REG / LP
      UTG: $10.88
      MP: $6.35
      CO: $6.29
      Hero (BTN): $5.43
      SB: $5.00

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has 9:heart: 5:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, BB calls $0.07

Flop: ($0.26, 2 players) Q:heart: 6:club: 8:heart:
      BB bets $0.08, Hero raises to $0.28, BB calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.82, 2 players) A:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.52, BB calls $0.52

River: ($1.86, 2 players) K:club:
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.00, fold

Hero wins $1.78
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Muel,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: He isn't a complete fish but can be donk/fold still. Since we only have 9 high we should raise and put pressure on his range here. If he was a fishy player we'd want to raise every time.

As played turn and river look fine.