[NL2-NL10] NL5SH AQs vs NIT BU stl

• muel294
      Preflop: Didn't see any point in 3b'ing since I think even 3b/fold line would still isolate me against a stronger range vs this guy. I would still only expect him to call something like:

Equity     Win     Tie
      BU     59.43%  43.58%  15.85% { JJ, AQs+, AQo+ }
      SB     40.57%  24.71%  15.85% { AcQc }

Flop: Don't see any reason to raise here. I would expect this type of player to be bet/folding TP's worse than mine.

Turn: Not sure whether to just donk the turn to avoid villain from checking behind with weaker pairs/draws or x/c to allow him to continue to bluff. I struggle playing OOP, so this is something I really need to improve.

Since we don't know much about villains barrelling tendencies I would assume that he's just x/f'ing T and R with > TP.

At the moment I'm thinking donking is better than x/c'ing because its possible that villain checks behind the turn with TP and SD's.

As played...

River: Line was bet/fold. What about my sizing, should I go smaller vs such a tight player to tempt him into calling with some weaker parts of his range like some TX or do you think that he is almost alway just fold anything > TP, so I might as well just maximize value when I do get called by betting at least 1/2 pot?

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: $8.53
      CO: $5.00
      BTN: $6.54 9/9/inf/0/33/134 hands - cbet 75% 3/4 - NIT
      SB: $5.00
      Hero (BB): $5.01

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: (pot: $0.07) Hero has Q:club: A:club:

UTG calls $0.05, fold, BTN raises to $0.20, fold, Hero calls $0.15, UTG calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.62, 3 players) 4:club: T:spade: Q:heart:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $0.05, BTN raises to $0.40, Hero calls $0.40, fold

Turn: ($1.47, 2 players) 3:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

River: ($1.47, 2 players) 6:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.70, fold

Hero wins $1.41
  • 1 reply
    • BogdanPS
      Hi Muel,

Preflop: I agree that there is no value in a 3-bet here and we should just call.

Postflop: You should not check the flop to them. You have a fish in the pot and have a strong hand. Time to come out betting and hopefully get value from the fish and isolate him.

As played I wouldn't donk into the nit. River bet size could be slightly bigger to get value from QK/QJ type hands.