Dealt to Hero A:spade: T:club:

Hero raises to $0.60, fold, fold, SB calls $0.50, fold

FLOP ($1.40) 8:spade: A:diamond: 6:club:

SB checks, Hero bets $0.90, SB raises to $1.80, Hero calls $0.90

TURN ($5) 8:spade: A:diamond: 6:club: 6:diamond:

SB bets $5, Hero folds

SB wins $4.75

88/4 ag. fr. f/t/r 52/57/79, rasie cbet 44 (9), 49h

I think its a weak fold on the turn. He is too agro postglop so far. So probably I should call down very light.
  • 6 replies
    • Gonchan
      Gonchan
      Bronze
      His raise cb seems a bit high.
      However, my kicker isn't so good so I also fold turn.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hi,

If he is aggressive postflop, I would not bet for thin value against him, which is basically what AT is here. I am more inclined to check back and play turns and rivers. Once you bet you should do so knowing you can call a raise imo. Continuing from that idea that you can call a raise against his range, I find it hard to justify a turn fold on that card. I think you should call down every time here. You have very few hands but those are good to tell us he is likely more aggressive than average. If he were average aggressive with 90% VPIP he would already have many bluffs here but he is above average therefore his bluff combos compared to value combos should be heavily skewed towards bluffs.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      If he is aggressive postflop, I would not bet for thin value against him, which is basically what AT is here.

I did not think it is that thin. He has A2+ which are calling, many 8x, str draws, even 6x proably is calling. Some are folding later, but I can get 3 streets from Ax or even slowplayed strong pairs pairs like 99+ if board runs well.

Or do you disagee with this statement?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Originally posted by SPeedFANat1c
      If he is aggressive postflop, I would not bet for thin value against him, which is basically what AT is here.

I did not think it is that thin. He has A2+ which are calling, many 8x, str draws, even 6x proably is calling. Some are folding later, but I can get 3 streets from Ax or even slowplayed strong pairs pairs like 99+ if board runs well.

Or do you disagee with this statement?
      You said he raises often, we don't have anything about his calling tendencies. When our assumption is that people generally call or fold, yet he raises it means either he decreases one or both of the call or fold frequencies. If he folds less we still get value, when he calls less, we don't get thin value anymore. Plus, we don't get more than a street from most things that are weak on the flop like middle pairs. Apart from that, do we get spews from QJ, KQ type hands or do we have some implied odds when he hits a second pair with those if we check behind flop?
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      his fold to cbet is 11 (9), so lot of calls.

Apart from that, do we get spews from QJ, KQ type hands or do we have some implied odds when he hits a second pair with those if we check behind flop?

I think we get those spews even on flop sometimes. Of course we get some implied odds when he hits 2nd pair if we check.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      So he calls or raises a lot, therefore you should just bet and call the hands that are most often ahead of his raising range. AT qualifies imo, bet/calling should be best in this case then.

Keep in mind then we have close to no hands so it's just an estimate and AT will lose quite often anyway.