[NL20-NL50] nl25 sh TT

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $22.03 (88.1 bb)
      CO: $14.97 (59.9 bb)
      BTN: $61.87 (247.5 bb)
      SB: $10.93 (43.7 bb)
      Hero (BB): $25.75 (103 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T T
      2 folds, BTN raises to $0.70, SB folds, Hero calls $0.45

Flop: ($1.50) 4 6 2 (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.90, BTN raises to $2.70, Hero calls $1.80

Turn: ($6.90) K (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $4.40, Hero calls $4.40

River: ($15.70) 3 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

villain is 18/15 over 38 hands so not much info.

on the flop i don't expect too many cbet bluffs so i donked for value. i really don't often get into this spot, but from my experience people can spazz out when donked into... so i called the raise and turn barrel with the intention of check/folding the river.

pretty ugly hand i think...
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Hey,

Preflop, BU vs BB you can consider 3betting for value imo, not necessary to do so though.

In a HU pot the frequency of cbetting is quite higher than 3way so most often I would probably still check and decide. As played, I think it's OK to call the raise on the flop. Turn gets tougher because you always have a bad river card for your hand but not always for your range so you should be able to get to showdown often enough.

What is your plan when you get just a call on the flop on certain runouts?
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i see. i'm definitely donking on this flop vs 2 players but i see your point when HU. also about preflop i didn't 3bet because i get a bit lost in 3bet pots with something like TT because of overcards etc and im never sure whether to cbet or check/call because i don't wanna turn my hand into a bluff...

if i just get called then im gunna probably continue on most turns. on this turn i think i'd still bet because he could have Ax with A :spade: but then i'll end up checking most rivers if i get called again... and obv folding to a bet but i expect hands i beat to check back.
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      I agree you can bet on quite a few spades. Don't forget pair + spade that calls once more anyway, not just A :spade:

It's good to have at least some sort of idea of what to do in different situations on turn and rivers, you already know that already. :tongue: