[NL20-NL50] NL50 - herocall

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi guys,

Villain is unknown but he only plays 1 entry so pbb kinda fishy..

I think he can barrel a lot of random draws or GS's ott? And I do think Tx bets bigger. He doesn't have many Ahi (only Ahi fd) and if he does I think he doesn't bet that big otr.

Obv we have better hands to call with in this spot so gto wise I can fold here.. I just thought the missed draws outweighted his valuehands?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2173870
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN): $50.75
      SB: $79.79
      BB: $112.48
      UTG: $104.35
      MP: $108.99
      CO: $48.86

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with 9 :spade: 9 :club:
      2 folds, CO raises to $1.50, Hero calls $1.50, 2 folds

Flop: ($3.75) 8 :heart: 5 :spade: T :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($8.75) T :spade: (2 players)
      CO bets $4.50, Hero calls $4.50

River: ($17.75) A :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $12, Hero calls $12
  • 9 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Villain is unknown -> Stick with GTO ranges. Don't like making such loose calls without any reads. We have 2 9s which block straight draws, and the 9 of spades which block flush draws. This makes it even worse to call down here.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I've looked better to my range in this spot and I think I have these hands on the river:

99,77-66,JTs,J8s,T9s,98s,87s,AsQs,AsJs,As9s,Js9s

We need to defend 60% of these 37 combo's and Tx and TP's are only 9 combo's!
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      you have J8s but no QTs KTs ATo? You definitely have way more stronger hands than that. Let's just use my own personal PF range instead since I don't really know what you are calling and what you are folding. And btw, we should only put in our bluff catching hands, not stuff like Js9s which we are never calling river with.

Arranged in descending order

T8s/88/55 (7 combos)
      AT (6 combos)
      KT (6 combos)
      QTs (2 combos)
      JTs (2 combos)
      T9s (2 combos)
      AsXs (7 combos)

32 combos

J8s/98s/87s/86s (12 combos) - Set blockers
      99/77/66 (18 combos)

Total: 62 combos

Defend top 72% = 0.72 X 62 = 44.64

GTO defence range = everything except 99/66/77

In reality, villain is hardly bluffing the Turn on this terrible card. You should be defending even tighter than that so I would just fold 8X too.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      you have J8s but no QTs KTs ATo? You definitely have way more stronger hands than that. Let's just use my own personal PF range instead since I don't really know what you are calling and what you are folding. And btw, we should only put in our bluff catching hands, not stuff like Js9s which we are never calling river with.

I'm raising QT+ on the turn for value v his weak sizing. I could raise 9T also but I guess I want some hands to strengthen my callingrange.

I also fold or 3bet 86s preflop btw.

I'm raising sets on this flop and also 2 pair. That's why my range is not as strong as you say it is.

Question; do you call all AXs preflop by default btn v co?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      yeah I do call all AXs, they play pretty well.

about raising on earlier streets - Yeah that's kind of true, forgot to account for those. I probably slowplay all my sets on the Flop though. In general if I am not afraid of seeing any turn card, I would just slowplay the Flop.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      yeah I do call all AXs, they play pretty well.

about raising on earlier streets - Yeah that's kind of true, forgot to account for those. I probably slowplay all my sets on the Flop though. In general if I am not afraid of seeing any turn card, I would just slowplay the Flop.
      It's just that a want to bluffraise some hands and have to balance it.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      there are some boards where you should have no raising range. I'm not saying this is one of them, but this is a board where you should be flatting way more hands than raising.

Wet boards = raise more because there are more bad cards on later streets + people usually bet on wet boards only when they have draws = multi barreling from the PFR -> We want to raise to shut them down

Dry boards = raise less because there are fewer bad cards on later streets. The converse is true.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I know I know but on a flop like this we want to raise most GS's right? Hands like Qs9s
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      nah I would float most of those gutshots. gutshots are better for raising when they are low, but i usually call with higher gutshots

Example:

56 on 973 - I raise here, we will get barreled on so many Turn cards like Q/K/A
      AJ on QT5 - I would call here, we have an overcard, a draw to the nuts, and there are fewer cards where we would get barreled.

I consider Q9 as a high card.