[NL20-NL50] NL50 - Bluffing river.

• Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Hi guys

Villain is unknown but he only has 2 entries so he could be kinda bad.

PF is for value.

On the flop I think a lot of his hands connect and I planned to x/f. He checked behind and I thought I could call a 50% pb on the turn. Is this fine?

On the river a scarecard rolls of. I think I can make even fishy players fold top pair or even 2 pair with this sizing. I also block a lot of flushes

Fine or spew?

Poker Stars $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players - View hand 2173875
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $69.59
      SB: $30.03
      Hero (BB): $69.79
      UTG: $62.73
      MP: $25.00
      CO: $69.39

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A :spade: Q :club:
      3 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, 1 fold, Hero raises to $5, BTN calls $3.50

Flop: ($10.25) 5 :heart: 8 :spade: T :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Turn: ($10.25) 3 :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5, Hero calls $5

River: ($20.25) J :spade: (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $5.50, Hero raises to $30, BTN calls $24.50
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: I would bet the Flop here, we have some backdoor straight draw and 2 overs, and flop isn't that wet. We are also deep preflop, so I'd expect villain's defending range to contain many more speculative hands which will miss on the Flop. And all his non Ace high suited broadways will fold pretty often

Turn: Just check/fold now and stick with your plan

River: Honestly you don't rep much to me, not even TT which should be betting flop a lot. Maybe you can somehow rep JJ if you are one who has a balanced checking range but i really doubt you slowplay JJ here and besides you have no history with villain so I think you can only rep JT. You don't rep any flushes at all cos you probably bet the Turn with those flush draws.

Well, you think you can make top pair fold. But what are you really repping here? Name me 3 hands you would play in this fashion.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      I know I don't rep any flushes but that doesn't matter since most villains will not handread all to good and just look at the actions+sizings and compare it to their own hand.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I know I don't rep any flushes but that doesn't matter since most villains will not handread all to good and just look at the actions+sizings and compare it to their own hand.
      I dont think that is true. People at nl50 these days are pretty decent.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Originally posted by Farmarchist
      I dont think that is true. People at nl50 these days are pretty decent.
      Ok but my arguments would then be,
      - he had only 2 entries (most regs 4)
      - His riverbetsize looks kinda fishy(?)
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      1) Most regs playing 4 is a really weak argument and is purely an assumption. My counter argument to this is that most fish play only one table of Zoom

2) That looks so much like an inducer amount to make you spazz. And spazz you did (don't forget you don't rep anything so he has an easy snap call)