[NL2-NL10] NL16SH SB AJo vs Big Fish 3bet

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DaPhunk,

Preflop: It's unfortunate that we have such a guy behind us because 5/6 hands we are OOP.

Since he seems quite aggro pre/post I think we can call here but we'll be forced to play fit/fold with this offsuite hand.

The other option is to just fold.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Yea, If only I could work out how to stand up from my seat at pokerstars and re-waitlist on the same table so I could sit to this guys left. Don't suppose you know how to do that?

I actually stayed on this table because I had another smaller fish two seats to my right, but this guy does have the potential to make things a bit awkward, wondering If I should have just left the table anyway.

As played I really feel out of my depth OOP with no initiative vs a huge aggro fish like this and it doesn't feel very +ev. I was wondering if we might be able to make a small 4bet to regain initiative, we can fold to a JAM and when he calls it gives us a great SPR postflop to C/Jam or Bet/Call on a nice number of different board textures. That is probably overplaying my hand though....
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Yea, If only I could work out how to stand up from my seat at pokerstars and re-waitlist on the same table so I could sit to this guys left. Don't suppose you know how to do that?

I actually stayed on this table because I had another smaller fish two seats to my right, but this guy does have the potential to make things a bit awkward, wondering If I should have just left the table anyway.

As played I really feel out of my depth OOP with no initiative vs a huge aggro fish like this and it doesn't feel very +ev. I was wondering if we might be able to make a small 4bet to regain initiative, we can fold to a JAM and when he calls it gives us a great SPR postflop to C/Jam or Bet/Call on a nice number of different board textures. That is probably overplaying my hand though....
      We can sit out and then rejoin the list any time but by the time we get re-seated it may be too late.

I feel that since we know he is a fish and will most likely call a lot of 4-bets we will have a lot more flops where we cannot continue. Our hand rarely hits and besides a 1p hand we won't hit much else. So I do think it would be a bit overplaying.