[NL2-NL10] KTo BU vs CO successfully bluff induced?

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $16.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG: $43.86
      CO: $35.68
      Hero (BTN): $23.81
      SB: $53.57
      BB: $48.11

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is BTN with T :club: K :spade:
      1 fold, CO raises to $0.48, Hero calls $0.48, 1 fold, BB calls $0.32

Flop: ($1.52) 3 :spade: 3 :club: J :heart: (3 players)
      BB checks, CO bets $0.48, Hero raises to $1.60, BB folds, CO calls $1.12

Turn: ($4.72) 9 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO checks, Hero bets $2.48, CO calls $2.48

River: ($9.68) 3 :diamond: (2 players)
      CO bets $2.16, Hero folds

CO is 50/4 on 24 hands. I figured he was just on an underpair to the J or had Ax and would fold to a raise enough. Then on turn I hit a gutter so decided to take another cheap stab.

I think I was just being way too optimistic vs someone who has a high vpip but an extremely Low pfr.

Also, I'm now wondering why the hell did I call pre? I think I was on some sort of tired aggromonkeytilt.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DaPhunk,

Preflop: I don't like calling this speculative hands versus fish raisers, or at least the ones that don't seem to raise much.

Postflop: As played I don't like raising that pair board, lots of fish don't fold anything on paired dry b oards, including A high. Once he called that flop we should just give up on the turn. Do you really expect fold equity there?
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      I agree, I posted this hand because I think it was the biggest mistake I'm aware of that I've made in the past week or so. Had to shame myself a little bit :p

On flop I somehow felt I didn't really need that much FE. I put in $1.6 to win $2 so he only needs to fold 43% to make it +ev. After he calls flop there is absolutely no reason to bet turn.