This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] nl25 sh Q9s

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 4 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BB): $38.83 (155.3 bb)
      CO: $27.73 (110.9 bb)
      BTN: $32.14 (128.6 bb)
      SB: $24.25 (97 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9 Q
      CO folds, BTN raises to $0.50, SB folds, Hero calls $0.25

Flop: ($1.10) 8 3 6 (2 players)
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.75, Hero raises to $2.30

villain = reggy, 21/17 over 71 hands. RFI otb = 40% and cbet ~60%, but then sample sucks so these last stats obv arent so helpful.

this is a play that i VERY rarely make lately. basically i went through my database a while back and realised it was a huge leak of mine - i was flatting in the blinds with PPs, missing my set and checkraising lots of flops/not continuing on turns&rivers. obv got called by A TON of weak made hands that still beat me, so i'm extremely unsure about using this play as a bluff. on the flip side it leads to some really cool thin value spots against some guys i think..

ive recently started to understand that checkraising PPs is often bad, and that it's better to checkraise with backdoor equity to give ourselves room to barrel. so here i decided to give it a shot. what do you think? actually just noticed that flatting in the BB with Q9s is probably not a great idea...... :D

thanks
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: Q9s is a very easy flat here vs a minraise, it's not a good idea, it's a great idea. It just plays really well vs wide ranges and pot odds are so sick at 22% and Q9s easily has that.

Flop: I think the check/raise is fine, we can just barrel any 7/T/diamond/Q. Knowing his fold F cbet vs raise would help too.

Thanks.