BTN: $27.74
      Hero (SB): $22.69
      BB: $80.06
      UTG: $39.56
      MP: $43.63
      CO: $72.87

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is SB with A :diamond: 3 :club:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.16, CO raises to $0.96, 3 folds, MP calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.16) 4 :club: 5 :spade: T :spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, CO bets $1.76, MP raises to $3.85, CO raises to $12.16, MP calls $8.31

Turn: ($26.48) J :club: (2 players)
      MP bets $30.47, CO calls $30.47

River: ($87.42) 2 :diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $87.42
      MP shows A :club: 4 :spade:
      CO shows K :spade: A :spade:
      MP wins $86.16
      (Rake: $1.26)

The reg who Isolates is 26/18 on 307 hands. The fish who limps is 77/23 on 53 hands with quite aggro postflop stats (up to 50% aggression depending on the street)

How do you play this hand in the CO villains shoes?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DaPhunk,

If the fish is aggro that means that he can have a lot of weaker draws and there are many draws on that board.

I would 3-bet but I wouldn't make it that much as I want to give villain a chance to make a mistake plus we are super deep. Something like $9 would be fine.
      Turn is an interesting card but to shove 200 BB seems a bit excessive. Villain clearly has something and while worse draws are possible so are many other pairs that he won't fold.

I think that if we raised smaller we could bet smaller and ck/fold river UI.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Yea, CO's flop 3bet size on flop seems huge, I would have been inclined to make it $8.5 or so.

In CO's shoes on turn I am probably feeling very sick but I don't think I would be able to continue vs that shove. If Calling may be ok and +ev then folding may be a small mistake, but if calling isn't ok then It would likely be a big error. Given those two options I'd rather opt for the fold on turn.

If the MP fish is aggressive enough maybe just calling flop could be just as +ev as raising? We may be able to eek out a lot of money when we hit a flush and he hits a straight, or he hits two pair etc than putting the aggression straight back on him.

I think without an aggressive dynamic vs fish I would like calling flop, and if I'd been raising him and abusing him in the past I like a 3bet.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Yea, CO's flop 3bet size on flop seems huge, I would have been inclined to make it $8.5 or so.

In CO's shoes on turn I am probably feeling very sick but I don't think I would be able to continue vs that shove. If Calling may be ok and +ev then folding may be a small mistake, but if calling isn't ok then It would likely be a big error. Given those two options I'd rather opt for the fold on turn.

If the MP fish is aggressive enough maybe just calling flop could be just as +ev as raising? We may be able to eek out a lot of money when we hit a flush and he hits a straight, or he hits two pair etc than putting the aggression straight back on him.

I think without an aggressive dynamic vs fish I would like calling flop, and if I'd been raising him and abusing him in the past I like a 3bet.
      Yes, I agree that even the flop can be a call without dynamics and this deep.

On the turn is really ugly and yes we usually are not huge favorites.