This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] NL16SH, How do you play villains hand? AKs w/ FD

• DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Poker Stars $16.00 No Limit Hold'em - 6 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $27.74
      Hero (SB): $22.69
      BB: $80.06
      UTG: $39.56
      MP: $43.63
      CO: $72.87

Pre Flop: ($0.24) Hero is SB with A :diamond: 3 :club:
      1 fold, MP calls $0.16, CO raises to $0.96, 3 folds, MP calls $0.80

Flop: ($2.16) 4 :club: 5 :spade: T :spade: (2 players)
      MP checks, CO bets $1.76, MP raises to $3.85, CO raises to $12.16, MP calls $8.31

Turn: ($26.48) J :club: (2 players)
      MP bets $30.47, CO calls $30.47

River: ($87.42) 2 :diamond: (2 players)

Final Pot: $87.42
      MP shows A :club: 4 :spade:
      CO shows K :spade: A :spade:
      MP wins $86.16
      (Rake: $1.26)

The reg who Isolates is 26/18 on 307 hands. The fish who limps is 77/23 on 53 hands with quite aggro postflop stats (up to 50% aggression depending on the street)

How do you play this hand in the CO villains shoes?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi DaPhunk,

If the fish is aggro that means that he can have a lot of weaker draws and there are many draws on that board.

I would 3-bet but I wouldn't make it that much as I want to give villain a chance to make a mistake plus we are super deep. Something like $9 would be fine.
      Turn is an interesting card but to shove 200 BB seems a bit excessive. Villain clearly has something and while worse draws are possible so are many other pairs that he won't fold.

I think that if we raised smaller we could bet smaller and ck/fold river UI.
    • DaPhunk
      DaPhunk
      Bronze
      Yea, CO's flop 3bet size on flop seems huge, I would have been inclined to make it $8.5 or so.

In CO's shoes on turn I am probably feeling very sick but I don't think I would be able to continue vs that shove. If Calling may be ok and +ev then folding may be a small mistake, but if calling isn't ok then It would likely be a big error. Given those two options I'd rather opt for the fold on turn.

If the MP fish is aggressive enough maybe just calling flop could be just as +ev as raising? We may be able to eek out a lot of money when we hit a flush and he hits a straight, or he hits two pair etc than putting the aggression straight back on him.

I think without an aggressive dynamic vs fish I would like calling flop, and if I'd been raising him and abusing him in the past I like a 3bet.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by DaPhunk
      Yea, CO's flop 3bet size on flop seems huge, I would have been inclined to make it $8.5 or so.

In CO's shoes on turn I am probably feeling very sick but I don't think I would be able to continue vs that shove. If Calling may be ok and +ev then folding may be a small mistake, but if calling isn't ok then It would likely be a big error. Given those two options I'd rather opt for the fold on turn.

If the MP fish is aggressive enough maybe just calling flop could be just as +ev as raising? We may be able to eek out a lot of money when we hit a flush and he hits a straight, or he hits two pair etc than putting the aggression straight back on him.

I think without an aggressive dynamic vs fish I would like calling flop, and if I'd been raising him and abusing him in the past I like a 3bet.
      Yes, I agree that even the flop can be a call without dynamics and this deep.

On the turn is really ugly and yes we usually are not huge favorites.