Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has J:diamond: T:diamond:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32, 2 players) 2:heart: J:club: 7:club:
      BB bets $0.14, Hero calls $0.14

Turn: ($0.60, 2 players) T:club:
      BB bets $0.28, Hero calls $0.28

River: ($1.16, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      BB bets $0.54, Hero calls $0.54

My main question is about the turn. Raise or not? If he's bluffing he will fold (but given the hand below I doubt he's bluffing here). If he had a flush draw on the flop he will 3b or call. Mayhap he will call pair+draw but I'm not sure.

I had this hand vs him:

PokerStars - $0.05 NL (6 max) ZOOM - Holdem - 6 players

Hero (BTN): $5.00
      SB: $5.28
      BB: $5.87
      UTG: $6.31
      MP: $18.85
      CO: $7.80

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:heart: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, BB calls $0.10

Flop: ($0.32, 2 players) 4:diamond: T:spade: T:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.16, BB calls $0.16

Turn: ($0.64, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.35, BB calls $0.35

River: ($1.34, 2 players) J:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets $0.70, BB calls $0.70

My intention was to force his PPs and Ax+busted draw to fold. How do you consider the idea to bluff on this limit in general?

Hero shows K:heart: Q:heart: (One Pair, Tens) (Pre 75%, Flop 3%, Turn 0%)
      BB shows T:heart: Q:diamond: (Three of a Kind, Tens) (Pre 25%, Flop 97%, Turn 100%)
      BB wins $2.63
  • 4 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I would never raise the Turn here. You are overrepresenting your hand as 89 or a flush and i don't see how you are getting called by worse really often unless he is really bad.

AS played, call down.

And btw, the other hand is completely unrelated to this hand. Villain flopped trips and called down which is pretty standard.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I think this was misplayed. I don't think you should be betting the Turn and betting the River compounds on the Turn mistake.

Pocketpairs are not folding the turn when the top card is paired. So the only thing we fold out here is perhaps Ace high. Villain is going to call with most pocketpairs, never fold TX to 3 barrels, and also call or reraise with flushes.

I would like this 3barrel play more if we had a big diamond like Ad or Kd. In this way we not only reduce the likelihood of having flushes, but we also have some semibluffing equity on the turn and can improve on the river to a flush.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Yes, they're are unrelated except for that I thought he could categorize me as a fish after that hand and bet\call lighter further.

About hand 2
      So this low suited card on the turn doesn't give us enough fold equity to justify the bet absolutely without fold equity? And would you make 2nd barrel on J or A?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I would just not bet the Turn if I did not turn some additional equity.

I think the Ace would be a pretty bad card to bet here on a paired Flop, because people usually c/c all their Ace highs on such paired flops. So actually the Ace is a card which helps your opponent's range more than it helps yours.

About the hand itself:
      I think the turn diamond helped villain's range more than it helps yours and you do not generate additional fold equity so you should just give up.

Remember, Turn Aggression = FOLD EQUITY + POT EQUITY
      In general if you don't have either fold equity (scare cards, cards which improved your perceived range) and pot equity (draws or overcards etc), you should not be betting the Turn.