BTN: $8.82
      SB: $7.28
      BB: $6.14
      UTG: $6.44
      Hero (MP): $5.05
      CO: $5.71

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:spade: 9:heart:

UTG raises to $0.10, Hero raises to $0.30, fold, BTN calls $0.30, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.77, 2 players) 2:diamond: 4:spade: K:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.40, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.57, 2 players) 8:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $0.85, Hero calls $0.85

River: ($3.27, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $1.45, fold

BTN wins $3.13

These minraises are weak so I treat them as limps and raise wide.
      On the flop I don't see value in betting but by c\c I give my opponent a chance to bluff.
      On the turn it's doubtful, what do you think, can we call here?
      On the river I think it's fold cause 3 barrels bluff after coldcalling and my 2 calls on dry board are unlikely.
  • 4 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      Can you provide more information on button? What's his vpip and pfr and how does he play flop and turns? How does he respond to missed cb? Is he passive or generally aggressive? Does he bluff alot? I think all these are very important when making decisions on this board.

Cgf
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      I'd like to but unfortunately he's completely unknown. It was the first hand I played with him. So it was very tough decision in vacuum...
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      in that case i would assume he is a fish, calls wide on the button despite us 3betting.

i would expect him to chk back most of his hands and bet his stronger hands and some bluffs.

i think he could bluff flop and turn since we checked and showed weakness so we can check call but as a bluffcatch. I dont exactly like the idea of a bet because this flop is very dry and there is not much that can call us but alot can bluff.

but hes usually not bluffing the river. however his bet on the river is very small. i think if he has KQ+ 2p or set or flush would bet bigger so this small bet inclines me to believe it could be a bluff or weak hand that is randomly betting like 99-QQ A8 A7 etc. i think this is marginal between a call or a fold but ill probably call it off to see what he coldcalled in the button with. i dont think hes calling with a strong hand and then betting mid sized/small on all streets. i would expect a strong hand like KQ KK AA AK or better to be betting much bigger on all streets.
    • GreenPiece
      GreenPiece
      Bronze
      Can you give a guideline on how much can we call in this situation? In this case we need to be ahead in less than 25% of cases, now I agree that it should be call actually, how high can we go?