[NL2-NL10] KJs 4bet Nl5 zoom

• 3 replies
    • Guthans
      I don't think this is a +ev spot, however, it is well played. But without any history from BU(26 hands is absolutely nothing worth considering) I wouldn't attempt a 4bet. 4bets require you to have a huge % of success, 62% in this spot, if my math is correct. I don't think we'll be able to apply enough pressure preflop at NL5. In my experience the random unknown player calls 4bets far to wide at NL5 and that isn't great if we're oop with KJs(even though this hand is pretty good in this spot). I'm no expert, but in my opinion, this would be a good play on higher stakes, NL25-50+ perhaps, but here I'd rather fold it. Especially because limp utg looks like rockets and that should be further cause for BU to reconsider 3betting. :f_cool:
    • BotiaKiraly
      I think the limp can be a lot more than rockets, and I didn't play zoom for a long time, but I remember, maybe I read it somewhere that some villains 3bet bluff a lot, I may be wrong though. I agree with the small sample size...
    • w34z3l
      Hey BotiaKiraly,

If someone 3bets vs your MP open you usually want to give them a lot more credit. I would fold here.

If you'd opened from CO/BU and got 3bet then 4-bet bluffing is good. No need to get into 3bet/4bet wars involving early-positions at micros, unless you have the nuts.

Having said that, hand is good (contains blockers), and sizing is good.