is 4 enough?

• scar13567
      scar13567
      Bronze
      just started playing 13 turbo 6 max on pokerstars, with the proper bankroll for this. is 4 at a time enough to be playing or should i shoot for more? is it more effective to play 4 then start 4 new ones, or play 4 and open a new one whenever you finish at a table?
  • 6 replies
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      It is really differs per player how many tables you play. You should just try too play the amount of tables you feel most comfertable playing. ones you have experience in these sng's you can try too play more and see how that goes. I myself have played over 2000 sng's and still mostly play 4 to 6 sng's at a time but I now there are those who play up to 24 sng's at a time
    • scar13567
      scar13567
      Bronze
      what about for playing 4 then starting 4 new or starting 4 then opening a new one once a table ends?
    • sirilidion
      sirilidion
      Bronze
      I do it both it just what you want. If you play in sets of 4 you can see you're result per session and you can take a small break and stuff. Also the sng's will be at the same stage so the play will be the same and you have more time to concentrate on the table(s) where you're in the money. If you play continuasly you will play more sng's, the sng's will be at different stages of the game so you have too concentrate at that, there will be no break for you, it is hard to keep track of you're profit/loss in the meantime. also if you play continuasly it can cost you pretty much if you go would on tilt. So this are a few cons and pros of playing in sets of continuasly.
    • scar13567
      scar13567
      Bronze
      yeah, it seems way easier to control if i just do it in sets of four
    • helemaalnicks
      helemaalnicks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by scar13567
      yeah, it seems way easier to control if i just do it in sets of four
      youll hardly lose anything by playing sets. Succesive is ok too, but in my experience, you dont play that many more tourneys that way. Plus, by playing sets, you can take a break as often as you want.

Im starting to play succesive now, and switching is rather easy. I have to play succesive for my next limit, thats the only reason why. Because there are only ~10 tourneys an hour, i dont have a choice.
    • scar13567
      scar13567
      Bronze
      so sets are the way to go then?