This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH A9o

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($7.80)
      BB ($14.40)
      UTG ($37.24)
      UTG+1 ($20.30)
      CO ($38.84)
      Hero ($28.84)

Dealt to Hero 9:heart: A:spade:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.60, Hero raises to $1.80, fold, fold, CO calls $1.20

FLOP ($3.90) 8:club: 5:spade: 3:heart:

CO checks, Hero checks

TURN ($3.90) 8:club: 5:spade: 3:heart: J:diamond:

CO checks, Hero bets $1.80, CO folds

Hero shows 9:heart: A:spade:

Hero wins $3.71

I did not cbet flop because I think his range contains many PPs.

On turn he again does not show aggression, so I bet, I believe its more on the weaker side then and J helps for my range.
  • 4 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      flop - agree with your line but i think his range also consists of broadways which would not fold here but could fold on the turn when his equity drops

turn - helps your range and you could bet here to fold out his broadways and small pairs. if he calls here i would also bet the river as a bluff to fold out smaller pairs.

cgf
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
      What about preflop coach? I don't think we want a hand like this in our 3b range tbh..

And I also don't think any Khi or Qhi or Jhi will float on this flop oop. Ahi with bdfd might.
    • Farmarchist
      Farmarchist
      Bronze
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      3betting A9o is a little too wide but i dont think its a big mistake against someone who folds alot to 3bets and also gives up flops and turns.

perhaps the calling range against an 18% open in CO should look something like

Hand range with equity greater than 45.00 %:

55+
      A8s+, KJs+
      ATo+, KQo

and we 3bet hands that are slightly weaker like A9o (its acceptable) KJo KTs A7s.

if you are uncomfortable calling this range then u can tighten it to

Hand range with equity greater than 50.00 %:

88+
      ATs+, KQs
      ATo+

when leaves us 3bet bluffing A9o A9s KJs 22-77 as a bluff

i dont think too many Qh or Kh would float too so i think betting is fine but i think these hands would also check turn and give up and they are more likely to give up turns compared to flop and we have A high thats some showdown value. with a hand like QJo though i prefer betting because showdown value is lower.

cgf