This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Articles on flop raise bluffs?

• 2 replies
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      hey tommygecko

if you can manage to achieve gold status then there is an article which covers flop raising (called Bluffs (2) Flop) but other than that i can't think of any that deal with this topic specifically..

it's quite a dynamic topic though and i think the best way to approach studying it would be to think about your range for playing in different ways on different flop textures and against different players. i think posting hands in the hand evaluation forum will be the most useful for this.

the way i see this topic is that we should be raising the hands that are at the top of our 'folding range'. normally this would be stuff like BDFD/BDSD that are too weak to just call with but they allow us to continue with our bluffs on later streets by barrelling turned FDs/SDs. that said i don't really do this very often and havent really studied it myself so maybe someone else can give some better advice.
    • gAsheks
      gAsheks
      Bronze
      Originally posted by tommygecko
      Are there any good articles on bluff raising the flop on this site? Or videos.
      Catch it :P